JAMB Syllabus for Biology 2023/2024 pdf download for interested candidates can be found here as provided by JAMB at www.jamb.org.ng 2023/2024 portal. JAMB 2023 is here again, see the JAMB Biology syllabus for UTME and all subject as contained in the JAMB 2023 Brochure. Do not worry, your problem concerning the syllabus for biology is solved.
If you really want to Score High in your JAMB CBT Biology exam, Biology Syllabus is the answer. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB has really done well by showing Candidates area of concentration while preparing for the CBT Examination the Syllabus.
The Syllabus contains the JAMB Biology Scheme of work that all the JAMB Questions will be set from. Do not sit for the exams without making good use of the Syllabus and the JAMB Recommended textbooks.
- JAMB Syllabus for Physics
- JAMB Syllabus for Chemistry
- JAMb Syllabus for Government
- JAMB Syllabus for Mathematics
Table of Contents
Latest JAMB Biology Syllabus 2023
Biology syllabus for JAMB 2023/2024, www.jamb.org.ng, JAMB Brochure 2023 pdf, JAMB Syllabus for all subjects, JAMB Subject combination, JAMB Syllabus for Biology pdf download
JAMB Syllabus for Biology 2023 PDF
JAMB 2023 Syllabus for Biology is right here for your PDF Download as provided by JAMB in its official website at www.jamb.org.ng for all JAMB 2023/2024 Candidates who have purchased their JAMB Form and Make Registration.
Read this before you move on:
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has given out the JAMB syllabus for 2023 and you can download it here in its pdf form.
This post on JAMB Biology Syllabus 2023 will list all the topics needed for Physics in its pdf form. This will help all the candidates to have a pre-knowledge of the area they should concentrate in order to ease their study time for JAMB 2023 .
Need for 2023 Biology Syllabus for JAMB UTME
Most candidates at times do not understand the benefit of having JAMB 2023 Syllabus in their electronic devices. Here, we are going to list all the benefit of knowing the Biology syllabus for JAMB 2023 obtainable at www.jamb.org.ng portal.
- Having JAMB Syllabus for Biology 2023 will help you to prepare for JAMB 2023
- JAMB 2023 Syllabus for Biology will enable you to pass JAMB 2023/2024 Successfully at one sitting.
- Knowing the Biology syllabus for JAMB 2023 will ease your study because you will easily know the areas to concentrate.
- JAMB Biology syllabus for 2023 is actually what every candidate needs in order to be successful and pass it only at first sitting.
www.jamb.org.ng for JAMB Syllabus 2023
The official JAMB website to get the JAMB syllabus for all subject is www.jamb.org.ng. But we have made it very easy for you by extracting it and made it available for you in a PDF Download form. So, all you have to do is to get a device that can access the below JAMB 2023 Biology syllabus given in a PDF Download form.
Once you have successfully downloaded the syllabus for JAMB 2023, use it as your study guide and you will surely succeed.
Download PDF of JAMB Syllabus for Biology 2023/2024
Just as I have said earlier, the Downloadable pdf form of JAMB 2023 Syllabus for Biology is given here.
A: VARIETY OF ORGANISMS
- Living organisms:
- Cell structure and functions of cell Components
- Level of organization
- Evolution among the following:
- Monera (prokaryotes), e.g. bacteria and blue green algae.
- Protista (protozoans and protophyta),
e.g. Amoeba, Euglena and Paramecium
- Fungi, e.g. mushroom and Rhizopus.
- Plantae (plants)
- Animalia (animals)
3.a Structural/functional and behavioural adaptations of organisms.
- adaptive colouration and its functions
- Behavioural adaptations in social animals
- Structural adaptations in organisms.
B: FORM AND FUNCTIONS
- Internal structure of a flowering plant
- Internal structure of a mammal
- Modes of nutrition
- Types of Nutrition
- Plant nutrition
- Animal nutrition
- Need for transportation
- Materials for transportation. (Excretory products, gases, manufactured food, digested food, nutrient, water and hormones)
- Channels for transportation
- Media and processes of mechanism for transportation.
- Respiratory organs and surfaces
- The mechanism of gaseous exchange in:
- Aerobic respiration
- Anaerobic respiration
- Types of excretory structures: contractile vacuole, flamecell, nephridium, Malpighian tubule, kidney, stoma and lenticel.
- Excretory mechanisms:
- Excretory products of plants
- Support and movement
- Tropic, tactic, nastic and sleep movements in plants
- supporting tissues in animals
- Types and functions of the skeleton
- A sexual reproduction.
- sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Reproduction in mammals
- meaning of growth
- Germination of seeds and condition necessary for germination of seeds.
- Co-ordination and control
- Nervous coordination:
- The sense organs
- Hormonal control
- Factors affecting the distribution of Organisms
- Symbiotic interactions of plants and animals
(a) Energy flow in the ecosystem: food chains, food webs and trophic levels
(b) Nutrient cycling in nature
- Natural Habitats
(a) Aquatic (e.g. ponds, streams, lakes seashores and mangrove swamps)
(b) Terrestrial/arboreal (e.g. tree-tops of oil palm, abandoned farmland or a dry grassy (savanna) field, and burrow or hole.
- Local (Nigerian Biomes)
- Tropical rainforest
- Guinea savanna (southern and northern)
- Sudan Savanna
- Highlands of montane forests and grasslands of the Obudu, Jos, Mambilla Plateau.
- The Ecology of Populations:
(a) Population density and overcrowding.
(b) Adaptation for survival
(c) Factors affecting population sizes:
(d) Ecological succession
- a) (i) characteristics of different types of soil (sandy, loamy, clayey)
- Renewal and maintenance of soil fertility
- Humans and Environment
- Pollution and its control
(c) Conservation of Natural Resources
(d) Game reserves and National parks
D: HEREDITY AND VARIATIONS
(I) Variation In Population
- Morphological variations in the physical appearance of individuals.
- Physiological variation
- Application of discontinuous
- ii) use discontinuous variation in crime detection.
- a) Inheritance of characters in organisms;
- i) Heritable and non-heritable characters.
- b) Chromosomes – the basis of heredity;
(ii) Process of transmission of hereditary characters from parents to offspring.
- c) Probability in genetics and sex determination.
- a) Application of the principles of heredity in:
- i) Agriculture
- Sex – linked characters e.g. baldness, haemophilia, colour blindness, etc.
- Theories of evolution
- a) Lamarck’s theory
- b) Darwin’s theory
- c) organic theory
- Evidence of evolution
How to Score High in JAMB 2023
The Following will help candidates to pass well in the UTME Exams:
- PREPARE FOR JAMB 2023 IN THE RIGHT WAY
- SET A HIGH TARGET YOU THINK YOU CAN’T ACHIEVE
- WORK TOWARDS THE GOAL.
- DON’T LISTEN TO ALL, DON’T NEGLECT ALL
- READ VERY WELL FOR JAMB
In there preparatory, you will discover other good students which will motivate you to read and prepare well, you also meet challenges and Solutions. You also meet competition, that is someone you feel he is better than you in a particular subject from there you build your understanding from the fellow.
Was this post on JAMB Syllabus for Biology 2023 pdf download helpful to you? Then share it with your friends on social media.