Nigerian lubricant oil! Do you want to know the list of lubricant companies in Nigeria? Are you seeking information on the lubricant market in Nigeria? Are you asking how you can select a lubricant oil in Nigeria? Do you want to know how to start a successful lubricant engine oil business in Nigeria? Then this article is for you.
The lubricants sector has a bright future because as crude oil prices rise, Nigeria’s economy is anticipated to expand more quickly and, as a result, people’s spending power is anticipated to rise in the coming years. This will increase demand for synthetic lubricants in Nigeria, particularly for newer vehicles.
This article will teach you about the Nigerian lubricant market, the list of Nigerian lubricant companies, the numerous lubricant types and applications in Nigeria, how to build a profitable lubricant engine oil business in Nigeria, and much more.
List of Nigeria Lubricants companies
The following is the list of lubricants companies in Nigeria:
- AUBURN OIL – AUTHORISED LUBRICANT DISTRIBUTOR
- Epoxy Oilserv Ltd
- Sahara Group
- Nexton Petroleum Nigeria Limited
- AUTOPRIME NIGERIA LTD
- Oando PLC
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria
- Total Nigeria
- Andremovich Energy Services Limited
The Lubricants Market in Nigeria
The market for lubricants in Nigeria is divided into segments based on product type (engine oil, transmission and hydraulic fluid, metalworking fluid, general industrial oil, gear oil, grease, process oil, and other product types), end-user industry, and geography (Power Generation, Automotive and Other Transportation, Heavy Equipment, Food and Beverage, Metallurgy and Metalworking, Chemical Manufacturing, and Other End-user Industries).
The study provides a volume (Kilo Tons) market size and forecast for Nigerian lubricants for each of the aforementioned segments.
How To Start A Successful Lubricant Engine Oil Business In Nigeria
Many Nigerians have found the engine oil business to be lucrative and profitable, yet so many individuals are still in the dark about the greatest and most lucrative entrepreneurial ventures in the nation.
The steps listed below may be useful for starting an engine oil business:
- Start off by gaining experience at a wholesale or retail motor oil store.
- Construct a kiosk that is appropriate for an engine oil store.
- Become a member of the state or local engine oil merchants’ association.
- Set aside some money to launch this business.
- Obtain a spot in a prime area.
- Sell for a lower cost.
- Draw in your potential clients.
What are the various lubricant kinds and applications in Nigeria?
Reducing interference between the two surfaces is a lubricant’s most common use, however, keep in mind that each lubricant has certain unique properties. Following are some common lubricants and their applications:
Grease is made by mixing thickeners with oil, which is commonly mineral oil (such as lithium-based soaps). Lubricants like graphite, molybdenum disulfide, and other materials may be mixed with additional particles. Grease’s ability to combine effectively with oil’s lubricants adds stickiness and makes it possible for the lubricants to adhere to surfaces.
Grease may also operate as a barrier, shielding surfaces from all pollutants with the potential to damage them. Grease is also used as a barrier or to protect surfaces from various contaminants. For instance, various oils and greases were available in a variety of consistencies. Due to its excessive thickness and sticky nature, grease has drawbacks that can quickly result in resistance in fast-moving machines.
- It is utilized in gears, chains, linkages, and bearings.
- Came in a variety of kinds, including silicone grease, white lithium grease, and marine grease. These lubricants are utilized by lubricant oil producers in light-duty or heavy-duty commercial vehicles.
Long polymer chains and various other ingredients make up these thin liquids. Such include anti-oxidants, which prevent the oil from oxidizing, corrosion inhibitors, which prevent corrosion, and detergents, which prevent the buildup of deposits.
They are fairly difficult to push out between the surfaces of the lengthy chains, but you may provide a slick barrier between them by using oil. The viscosities of oils determine their weights. Lower numbers imply a smoother flow.
- It is utilized for the maintenance of tools as well as for the sharpening of blades, bearings, and hinges.
- In essence, oil is used to lubricate objects without the usage of grease.
- If you need the lubrication that the little components provide without upsetting anything else, then do so.
You would know why these lubricants merit the special area if you were a shade-tree mechanic. Numerous stuck-bolt warriors are shielded by these kinds of lubricants. Penetrating lubricants, on the other hand, are not designed for long-lasting lubrication of these covered parts.
These oils are specifically designed for only one specific goal, which is to infiltrate the small gaps over the surfaces, promote lubrication, and break up the rust. This is really reasonable because of their low viscosity. Penetrating oils come in a variety, but you should be aware of how to manufacture inexpensive penetrating oils.
Specific lubricant types, such as silicon, molybdenum, graphite, and PTFE, are found in dry lubricants. Because of their very slick molecular makeup, these particles also make these surfaces more frictionless. They are also available in spray form, where they are combined with alcohol, water, or other flammable solvents that evaporate after use.
- They are utilized in hinges, locks, printer rails, and threaded rods.
- They occur in a variety of forms, including sprays of silicone, molybdenum disulfide, or graphite powder.
- when you want the nearby surfaces to remain clean.
- The oils can be oxidized if your surface is exposed to very high heat or pressure.
What oil makes the finest lubricant?
Aloe vera, yogurt, olive oil, and virgin coconut oil are a few of them. Due to the increased risk of infection or irritability, people should refrain from using alternatives to petroleum jelly, lotion, butter, or spit as lubricants.
ALSO READ :
How should I select a lubricant oil?
The criterion for choosing oils. The most crucial factors to consider when choosing a lubricating oil are viscosity and viscosity index, thermal stability (which affects the kind of oil to use), and the additive package (EP/AW and corrosion protection) that is appropriate for the application’s working circumstances.
The number of new and used passenger and commercial vehicles in Nigeria has increased over time, along with the demand for lubricants. The volume demand for automotive lubricants in Nigeria was influenced by the penetration of used automobiles and the need for more frequent oil changes in older vehicles as opposed to newer ones.