Generator prices in Nigeria 2023! Given the country’s erratic power supply, Nigeria is a tremendously profitable market for generator producers. Nigerians have little choice but to use generators since they must find alternate sources of electricity for domestic, commercial, or industrial use.
In Nigeria, there are several different kinds of generators. Everything relies on the brand you wish to choose, including its cost, features, and other factors. Nigerians search the internet every day for information about generator costs, specifications, features, and advantages.
You will learn about the top generator brands that are widely accessible in Nigeria, their current prices, the safety precautions to take while using a generator, the considerations to make when buying a generator in Nigeria, and much more.
Nigeria’s top generator brands.
There is no sign of a solution for Nigeria’s intermittent power supply, thus it is certain that people will continue to go online for information on current generator costs in Nigeria.
One of the most crucial considerations you should make when looking to purchase a good generator in Nigeria is the brand. Any of the well-known, large brands are a good choice. Some of them consist of:
- Thermocool (TEC)
- Sumec Firman
These brands have been well-known and reputable in Nigeria for many years.
Hyundai Generators Costs in Nigeria are as follows:
- 9KVA Diesel Sound-Proof generators ₦1,500,000
- 15KVA Diesel Sound-Proof generators ₦1,900,000
- 8.5KVA generators ₦295,000
- 4.5KVA Diesel generators ₦225,000
- 3.5KVA Diesel generators ₦165,000
- 5.5KVA generators ₦130,000
- 2.5KVA generators ₦68,000
Elemax Generator Costs in Nigeria are as follows:
- SH7600EX 5.6KVA ₦295,000
- SH5300EX 3.8KVA ₦200,000
- SH4600EX 3.2KVA ₦185,000
- SH3900EX 2.8KVA ₦170,000
- SH3200EX 2.2KVA ₦165,000
Tiger Generators Costs in Nigeria are as follows:
- Tiger TG950 ₦19,000 to ₦25,000
- Tiger TG2700 2KVA ₦42,000
- 2.2KVA ₦125,000
- Yamaha EF6600E 5.0KVA ₦250,000
Honda Generators Costs in Nigeria are as follows:
- 2.0KVA generators ₦67,000
- 2.2KVA generator ₦70,000 to ₦135,000
- 3.6KVA generators ₦247,000
- EG5000 4.5KVA generators ₦240,000
- EG6500 5.5KVA ₦365,500
- EM10000 8KVA ₦956,800
Here are Thermocool Generator Prices in Nigeria:
- 6.75KVA Generator (Odogwu) ₦248,000 – ₦260,000
- 6.0 KVA Generator (Igwe) ₦185,000 – ₦230,000
- 5.0KVA Generator (Oga) ₦170,000 – ₦189,000
- 4.0KVA Generators (Big Boy) ₦140,000 – ₦150,000
- 3.0KVA Generator (Hustler) ₦75,000 – ₦85,000
- 2.0KVA Generator (Bobo) ₦66,500 – ₦95,000
- 1.0KVA Generator (Junior) ₦42,000 – ₦55,000
Sumec Firman Generators
Here are prices of Sumec Firman Generators in Nigeria:
- SPG950 ₦14,000 – ₦17,000
- SPG1800 ₦40,000 – ₦60,000
- SPG2500 ₦47,000 – ₦75,000
- 2.5KVA ₦29,000 – ₦35,000
- 2.5KVA (key start) ₦65,000 – ₦85,000
- Key start & wheels 2.5KVA ₦75,000 – ₦95,000
- SPG3800 E2 2.8KVA ₦75,000 – ₦85,000
- 6.0KVA generators ₦107,000 – ₦120,000
Aside from the generators fueled by petrol we also have those who run on diesel:
- 10KVA generators with soundproof (₦1,750,000 – ₦3,000,000)
- 5KVA generators soundproof (₦2,300,000 – ₦4,000,000)
- 5KVA generator with soundproof (₦2,400,000 – ₦4,000,000)
- 20KVA generators soundproof (₦1,500,000 – ₦4,200,000)
- 30KVA soundproof generators (₦1,800,000 – ₦5,700,000)
- 40KVA soundproof generators (₦2,300,000 – ₦7,950,000)
- 45KVA soundproof generators (₦3,300,000 – ₦7,950,000)
- 50KVA generators (₦1,100,100)
- 60KVA soundproof generators (from ₦2,600,000)
- 80KVA generators (from ₦4,200,000)
- 100KVA soundproof generators (from ₦5,000,000)
- 135KVA soundproof generators (₦6,900,000 – ₦10,500,000)
- 150KVA soundproof generators (from ₦7,500,000)
- 200KVA soundproof generators (₦10,500,000 – ₦17,000,000)
- 250KVA soundproof generators (₦11,700,000 – ₦20,700,000)
- 350KVA soundproof generators (₦16,400,000 – ₦26,500,000)
- 500KVA basic generators (₦21,600,000 – ₦50,700,000)
- 600 KVA basic generators (₦29,000,000 – ₦55,000,000)
- 800 KVA basic generators (₦41,000,000 – ₦80,000,000)
- 1500 KVA generators (₦85,000,000 – ₦100,000,000)
- 1000 KVA soundproof generators (₦57,000,000 – ₦80,000,000)
- 1250 KVA soundproof generators (₦80,000,000 – 100,000,000)
- 2000 KVA generators (₦100,000,000 – ₦150,000,000)
Factors to take into account when purchasing a generator in Nigeria
When buying a generator in Nigeria, keep the following things in mind:
- Size and power output: Based on the power output you need, figure out the size of the generator you need. Make sure the generator can manage the load by taking into account the wattage of the equipment you intend to use.
- Fuel economy: When making your choice, take into account both the price of fuel and the fuel efficiency of the generator. In the long term, a more fuel-efficient generator may cost less.
- Noise level: If you plan to use the generator in a residential neighborhood, the noise level is a crucial element to take into account. Find quieter generators by shopping around.
- Price: Establish your spending limit and search for a generator that falls inside it. Remember that more expensive generators might provide superior durability and performance.
- The reputation of the brand: To learn about the reputation of various manufacturers, research several brands and read customer reviews. To guarantee that you are receiving a high-quality good, choose a known brand.
- Maintenance and repair: Consider the accessibility of components and specialists for the generator you are considering while performing maintenance and repairs. It’s crucial to have simple access to your generator’s maintenance and repair options.
- Warranty: Finding a generator with a strong guarantee is important. This will provide your safety and peace of mind in the event that the generator malfunctions.
Which generator is ideal for usage at home?
The finest generators for residential use are whole-house generators (home standby generators). They are made to supply enough electricity for your HVAC systems and appliances. On construction sites, portable generators are frequently used to power tools like hammer drills, air compressors, and nail guns.
What size generator can power a TV and refrigerator?
The most popular generator for running a refrigerator is one with a 3,000W output. All very large and enormous refrigerators and freezers are powered by a 5,000W+ generator.
- Mercedes Benz G-Class Prices 2023 in Nigeria
- Ford Edge prices in Nigeria
- Range Rover Sport prices in Nigeria
- KIA RIO prices in Nigeria
- Toyota Highlander Prices 2023 in Nigeria
- Toyota Avalon Prices 2023 in Nigeria
Utilizing a Generator: Safety Measures
When utilizing a generator, the following safety measures must be taken:
- Always read and carefully follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- To prevent the buildup of hazardous fumes, only use the generator in a well-ventilated environment.
- Avoid using the generator in wet or rainy weather and keep it dry.
- Never use damp hands to interact with the generator.
- Avoid electrocution by using a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI).
- Never try to power the house wiring by plugging the generator into a dryer outlet or other similar appliance outlet, or never plug the generator directly into a wall socket.
- Pets and children should not be near the generator.
- Limit the generator’s load.
- Make sure the fuel shut-off valve is in the “on” position if the generator has one before starting it.
- Before starting the generator, confirm that the fuel valve, if it has one, is in the “open” position.
To avoid purchasing fake or refurbished goods, thoroughly inspect the generator before purchasing it in Nigeria. Always purchase from a reputable vendor and make sure everything is in functioning order.
Generators are available at business outlets all around Nigeria. You can also purchase them from reputable malls and online retailers. We believe that by providing you with information, you will be able to make an informed choice on where to purchase your generator.