WAEC 2022/2023 Syllabus For Literature in English – Download Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF. One of the most vital Materials needed by Candidates preparing for 2022 WAEC Exams is WAEC Syllabus. Get free WAEC Mathematics Syllabus today.
This is Why many candidates are Online googling For WAEC 2022 Literature in English Syllabus Using keywords like, WAEC 2022 Syllabus for Literature, 2022 WAEC syllabus, WAEC Literature in English Syllabus 2022, WAEC Literature Syllabus 2020, Where to get 2022 Literature in English Syllabus,
Where to buy WAEC Literature in English Syllabus 2021, WAEC Literature in English Syllabus 2022, The WAEC Literature in English syllabus for 2022/2022 is given Below, keep reading.
Make sure you make effective use of this opportunity. Study hard for your waec using the Mathematics Syllabus and Recommended textbooks.
Table of Contents
WAEC Syllabus For Literature in English 2022, WAEC 2022 Literature Syllabus PDF
The West African Examination Council is responsible for the setting and marking of the WAEC Exams, The body has made provision for the Exam syllabus to help candidates preparing for the forthcoming exams to use in their various preparation.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be three papers – Papers 1, 2 and 3. Papers 1 and 2 will a composite paper and will be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1 will be a multiple choice objective test. It will contain fifty questions distributed as follows:
(a) Twenty questions on General Knowledge of Literature;
(b) Five questions on an unseen prose passage;
(c) Five questions on an unseen poem;
(d) Twenty context questions on the prescribed Shakespearean text.
Candidates will be required to answer all the questions within 1 hour for 50 marks.
Section A will be on African Prose and Section B on Non-African Prose.
Two essay questions will be set oneach of the novels prescribed for study.
Candidates shall be required to answeronequestion only from eachsection within 1 hour 15 minutes for 50 marks.
Paper 3 will be on the Drama and Poetry components of the syllabus.
It will be put into four sections, Sections A, B. C and D as follows:
Section A: African Drama
Section B: Non-African Drama
Section C: African Poetry
Section D: Non-African Poetry
Candidates shall be required to answer one question from each of the sections, making a total of four questions. The paper will take 2 hours 30 minutes to complete and will carry 100 marks.
(i) The Unseen Prose passage for Paper 1 shall be about 120 – 150 words long.
(ii) Only context questions shall be set on the Shakespearean text. The context questions will test such items as theme, characterization, style and setting in the Shakespearean text.
(iii) No essay question shall be set on the Shakespearean text.
SET TEXTS FOR 2021- 2024
(1) AmmaDarko – Faceless (2) BayoAdebowale – Lonely Days
(1) Richard Wright – Native Son (2) Patience Swift – The Last Goodman
(1) Oliver Goldsmith – She Stoops to conquer (2) Lorraine Hansberry – A Raisin in the Sun
(1) Frank Ogodo Ogbeche – Harvest of Corruption (2) Dele Charley – The Blood of a Stranger
(2) Gbemisola Adeoti – Ambush
(3) Gabriel Okara – Piano and Drums
(4) Gbanabam Hallowell – The Dinning Table
(5) Lenrie Peter – The Panic of Growing Older
(6) Kofi Awoonor – The Anvil and the Hammer
(1) Alfred Tennyson – Crossing the Bar
(2) George Herbert – The pulley
(3) William Blake – The School Boy
(4) William Morris – The Proud King
(5) Robert Frost Birches – Birches
(6) William Shakespeare – Shall I compare thee to a Summer’s Day?
Above is the WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English
- WAEC Syllabus For Civic Education – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For Mathematics – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For Physics – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For Chemistry– Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For English Language – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For Biology – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For Agric Science – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For Economics– Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For Commerce- Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For Christian Religious Knowledge – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
- WAEC Syllabus For History – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF
At this juncture, I hope “WAEC 2022/2023 Syllabus For Literature in English – Latest WAEC Syllabus PDF” is very useful to you Kindly share it with friends using the social media below.