JAMB Syllabus for Use of English 2022/2023 pdf download can be found here as provided by JAMB at www.jamb.org.ng 2022 /2022 portal. JAMB 2022 is here again, see the JAMB syllabus for English Language and all subject as contained in the JAMB 2022 Brochure. Do not worry, your problem concerning JAMB syllabus is solved.
The JAMB Use of English Scheme of work is released by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board JAMB to help candidates prepare very well for the UTME exams. If you are ready to score very high make JAMB English Syllabus your friend.
Latest Syllabus for JAMB English Language, English Language syllabus for JAMB 2022 /2022, JAMB Subject combination, JAMB 2022 Syllabus for English Language pdf download for proper preparation for UTME exams.
- JAMB Syllabus for Physics
- JAMB Syllabus for Economics
- JAMb Syllabus for Government
- JAMB Syllabus for Geography
JAMB Use of English Syllabus 2022
JAMB 2022 Syllabus for English Language is right here for your PDF Download as provided by JAMB in its official website at www.jamb.org.ng for all JAMB 2022 /2022 Candidates who have purchased their JAMB Form and Make Registration.
Read this before you move on:
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has given out the JAMB syllabus for 2022 and you can download it here in its pdf form.
This article on JAMB Syllabus for English Language 2022 will list all the topics needed for English Language in its pdf form. This will help all the candidates to have a pre-knowledge of the area they should concentrate in order to ease their study time for JAMB 2022 .
Imporatance of JAMB 2022 Syllabus for Use of English
Most candidates at times do not understand the benefit of having JAMB 2022 Syllabus in their electronic devices. Here, we are going to list all the benefit of knowing the English Language syllabus for JAMB 2022 obtainable at www.jamb.org.ng portal.
- Having JAMB Syllabus for English Language 2022 will help you to prepare for JAMB 2022
- JAMB 2022 Syllabus for the English Language will enable you to pass JAMB 2019/2022 Successfully at one sitting.
- Knowing the English Language syllabus for JAMB 2022 will ease your study because you will easily know the areas to concentrate.
- JAMB English Language syllabus for 2022 is actually what every candidate needs in order to be successful and pass it only at first sitting.
www.jamb.org.ng For Use of English JAMB syllabus 2022
The official JAMB website to get the JAMB syllabus for all subject is www.jamb.org.ng. But we have made it very easy for you by extracting it and made it available for you in a PDF Download form.
So, all you have to do is to get a device that can access the below JAMB 2022 English Language syllabus given in a PDF Download form. Once you have successfully downloaded the syllabus for JAMB 2022, use it as your study guide and you will surely succeed.
Download PDF of JAMB syllabus for Use of English 2022
Just as I have said earlier, the Downloadable pdf form of JAMB 2022 Syllabus forUse of English is given here. All you have to do is to follow the link below to download it for free.
Candidates should be able to:
- identify main points/topic sentences in passages.
- determine implied meaning.
- identify the grammatical functions of words, phrases, clauses and figurative/idiomatic expressions.
- deduce or infer the writers intentions including mood, attitude to the subject matter and opinion.
- Each of the three passages to be set (one will be a close test) should reflect various disciplines and be about 200 words long.
- Questions on the passages will test the following:
- Comprehension of the whole or part of each passage.
- Comprehension of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, figures of speech and idioms as used in the passages.
- Coherence and logical reasoning (deductions, inferences, etc).
- THE LIFE CHANGER.
- Synthesis of ideas from the passages.
NOTE: By synthesis of ideas, we mean the art of combining distinct or separate pieces of information to form a complete whole.
LEXIS AND STRUCTURE
Candidates should be able to:
- identify words and expressions in their ordinary, figurative and idiomatic contexts.
- determine similar and opposite meaning of words.
- differentiate between correct and incorrect punctuation and spelling.
- identify various grammatical patterns in use.
- interpret information conveyed in sentences.
- Clause and sentence patterns.
- Word classes and their functions.
- Mood, tense, aspect, number, agreement/concord, degree (positive, comparative and superlative) and question tags.
- Punctuation and spelling.
- Ordinary usage, figurative usage and idiomatic usage are to be tested.
NOTE: Idioms to be tested shall be those that are formal and expressed in standard British English.
Candidates should be able to:
- make distinctions between vowel types.
- differentiate between consonant types.
- identify correct accentuation in individual words and connected speech.
- Vowels (monophthongs and diphthongs.
- Consonants (including clusters).
- Rhymes (including homophones).
- Word stress (monosyllabic and polysyllabic).
- Intonation (words emphatic stress).
NOTE: Emphatic stress involves the placement of normal stress on words in an utterance for the purpose of emphasis.
JAMB APPROVED/RECOMMENDED TEXT BOOKS FOR ENGLISH
- Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, by Attah, M. O.
- English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), by Bamgbose, A.
- New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools by Banjo, A .
- Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges , by Caesar, O. J.
- Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, by Daniel Jones.
- Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, by Egbe, D. I.
- Oral English for Schools and Colleges, by Elugbe, B.
- Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) by Grant, N. J. H.
- Round-up English: A Complete Guide by Idowu, O. O.
- Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges by Idris, U.
- Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age by Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O
- Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, by Jauro, L. B.
- Common Errors in English, by Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D
- University Matriculation Use of English,(Fourth Edition) by Obinna, M. F
- Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), by Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku
- The Silent Teacher by Olatoye, S
- Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, by Oluikpe, B. O. A.
- Objective Tests for School Certificate English: Practice in Lexis, Structure and Idiom (Reprinted Edition), by Tomori, S. H. O
- Catch-up English for SSCE/UME by Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro
Link to JAMB 2022 Use of English Language syllabus PDF
- JAMB CBT Centres in Nigeria
- JAMB Use of English Questions and Answers
- JAMB Biology Questions and Answers
How to Pass JAMB 2022
- PREPARE FOR JAMB 2022 IN THE RIGHT WAY
- SET A HIGH TARGET YOU THINK YOU CAN’T ACHIEVE
- WORK TOWARDS THE GOAL.
- DON’T LISTEN TO ALL, DON’T NEGLECT ALL
- READ VERY WELL FOR JAMB
Was this post on JAMB Syllabus for Use of English Language 2022 pdf download helpful to you? Then share it with your friends on social media.