Welcome to our page on How You can tag someone on Instagram. Instagram is very interesting when you tag someone or business on an Instagram post. In fact, this is the main purpose of the Instagram community. So, today, i will show you how to Tag someone on Instagram.
What is Instagram Tag?
Instagram Tag is a feature that lets you connect with other people and businesses through pictures and videos. Tagging other users on Instagram foster connections. This feature notifies the user which helps to increase the views on the post. Tagging a user on Instagram is similar to tagging in other social media sites.
The Difference between Instagram tags and hashtags
Tags are quite different from hashtags on Instagram. Tag using the username of the user which normally begins the character @ and the username. While the harsh categorize a post using the hash symbol # and the word. For instance, #music categorizes the post into music.
How do I tag people in my photo?
You can tag people as you’re sharing a photo or to an existing photo. There isn’t a way to tag people in videos.
To tag people as you’re posting a photo:
- After you’ve selected a photo and added effects and filters, tap Tag People from the Share screen.
- Tap on someone in the photo.
- Start entering their name or username and select them from the dropdown menu. If you don’t see the person you’re looking for, tap Search for a person.
To add people to a photo you’ve already uploaded:
- Go to the photo.
- Tap (iPhone) or(Android) above the photo.
- Tap Tag People.
How To Tag Someone In An Instagram Caption
In addition to tagging a person or a business in the Instagram photo, you can also tag a person or a business in the caption of an Instagram photo. Tagging in a caption is useful when the caption mentions the business itself. A tag in a caption enables followers to quickly click on the tag to access the tagged user’s profile.
How To Tag Someone After Publishing The Post
Instagram tags have the option of editing a post to add or remove a tag even after uploading it.
To tag someone on Instagram after uploading a post, simply open the post.
- Tap on the three dots for iPhone as well as Android just above the picture.
- Add the usernames of the people you want and click on done. This is also a similar way you can edit and remove any username you previously in the post.
Lastly, you can tag someone in a comment. Simply type the @ sign and the username of the person. This will alert the user to the post. I hope this article is very helpful to you, kindly share it with friends.