This article will guide the general public and specifically candidates on all the courses offered in Ahmadu Bello University so that every candidate who which to choose the school when registering for JAMB will be able to have an idea of what the school offers.
Provided below is the list of courses offered at ABU. There are Nine (9) approved faculties at the university. Historically, ABU, federal government research university in Zaria, Kaduna State was founded on October 4, 1962, as the University of Northern Nigeria.
The university runs a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs (and offers associate degrees and vocational and remedial programs). It has a large medical program with its own A.B.U. Teaching Hospital, one of the largest teaching hospitals in Nigeria and Africa
This article is provided to satisfy your curiosity for the knowledge of courses offered at the University. Check also for the requirements need to apply for admission.
Table of Contents
ABU Accredited Fulcuties and Course.
The following are the List of Courses Offered at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
-Local Government And Development Studies
SEE: ABU Post UTME Form
Arts And Humanities
-Literature In English
-Agricultural Science And Education
-Education & Arabic
-Education & Christian Religious Studies
-Education & Computer Science
-Education & Islamic Studies
-Education & Mathematics
-Education & Physics
-Education And Biology
-Education And Chemistry
-Education And Geography
-Education And Hausa
-Education And Integrated Science
-Education And Social Studies
-Guidance & Counselling
-Home Economics And Education
-Library And Information Science
-Physical And Health Education
-Computer & Electrical Engineering
-Textile Science And Technology
-Textile Science And Technology
-Urban And Regional Planning
-Water Resources And Environmental Engineering
ABU Admission Requirements.
1. Minimum of Credit passes in Five (5) subjects including English Language at the SSCE, GCE O’Level, and any other equivalent examinations.
2. UTME score of at least 180 for Science based courses and 190 for Arts, Social Science, Law and Administration. Click here for ABU Zaria UTME/Departmental Cut-off Marks
In addition to the above, candidates must make the University their 1st choice to qualify to write the Post-UTME Screening Test.
For final selection into programmes, the candidate’s average scores from the UTME and Post-UTME screening Tests are used.
The cut-off point for admission changes of course form programme to another programme based on the overall performance of the candidates in the programme and is determined by the University before the release of the First(merit admission list).
ABU Direct Entry Admission Requirements
1. Minimum of credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level or equivalent qualification.
2. Either an HSC, OND or NCE in the relevant programme to be undertaken in ABU.
3. An acceptable score is prescribed for admission at the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
4. Final selection is a combination of candidate’s certificates and the direct entry screening result.
For every question concerning the ABU Courses, kindly leave it at the comment box below. Share this information with friends.