Usumanu Danfodiyo University is a public research university located in Sokoto, Nigeria. It was established in 1975 and named after the founder of the Sokoto Caliphate, Usman dan Fodio. The university has twelve faculties and offers various postgraduate programmes in different fields of study. Here is a possible introduction to your article in three paragraphs:
Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUS) is one of the leading universities in Nigeria and West Africa. It is committed to excellence in teaching, research, and community service. The university has a vision to be a world-class center of learning and innovation that contributes to national and global development. The university has a mission to provide quality education that meets the needs and aspirations of the society.
The school offers doctorate, master’s, and diploma-level postgraduate programs. These programs are made to improve the knowledge and abilities of graduates who want to continue their education or pursue positions in business, government, academia, or non-governmental organizations. A secondary goal of the programs is to generate excellent research that tackles the problems and possibilities facing modern society.
- Post graduate Courses offered in FUNAI
- Post graduate Courses offered in MOUAU
- Post graduate Courses offered in FUBK
Table of Contents
Postgraduate courses offered in Usumanu Danfodiyo University
The postgraduate courses offered in Usumanu Danfodiyo University by faculty are listed below:
- Faculty of Agriculture: Postgraduate diploma (PGD), master of science (M.Sc), and doctor of philosophy (PhD) in soil science, forestry, animal science, agricultural economics, crop science, and fisheries and aquaculture .
- Faculty of Arts and Islamic Studies: PGD, M.Sc, master of arts (M.A), master of philosophy (M.Phil), and PhD in Islamic studies, Arabic, Hausa, and English language and literature .
- Faculty of Education and Extension Service: PGD, M.Sc, M.A, M.Ed, M.Phil, and PhD in education .
- Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Design: PGD, M.Sc, M.Eng, and PhD in engineering .
- Faculty of Law: PGD, master of laws (LL.M), and PhD in law .
- Faculty of Management Sciences: PGD, master of business administration (MBA), M.Sc, and PhD in accounting, public administration, and business administration .
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences: PGD, M.Sc, master of pharmacy (M.Pharm), and PhD in pharmaceutical sciences .
- Faculty of Sciences: PGD, M.Sc, M.Phil, and PhD in sciences .
- Faculty of Social Sciences: PGD, M.Sc, M.A, M.Phil, and PhD in sociology, political science, economics, geography, and history .
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine: PGD, M.Sc, master of veterinary science (M.V.Sc), and PhD in veterinary medicine .
- Faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences: PGD, M.Sc, and PhD in medical laboratory sciences.
UDUSOK postgraduate programmes and admission requirements
The postgraduate programmes at UDUSOK include postgraduate diplomas, masters degrees, and doctorate degrees in various disciplines. The admission requirements and duration of the programmes vary depending on the faculty and department. Some of the general requirements are:
- Candidates for admission into Ph.D, M.Phil/Ph.D, M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc. and LLM Programmes must provide records of their Academic Transcripts.
- Candidates for admission into Ph.D/ M.Phil programmes shall have M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc and LLM Degrees in the relevant areas with CGPA of not less than 4.0 on a scale of 5.0 from Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto or any other recognized University.
- Candidates for admission into M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc. and LL.M programmes shall have a minimum of a Good Second Class Lower Degree in the relevant areas from Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto or any recognized University.
- Candidates for admission into Postgraduate Diploma Programmes should possess the following: Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit pass in relevant area or Third Class Degree in relevant areas or Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above which are acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate School and Senate of the University.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s Matriculation requirements.
How to apply for UDUSOK postgraduate admission
To apply for postgraduate admission at Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK), follow these general steps:
1. Check Eligibility:
Ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the postgraduate program you wish to apply for. These criteria typically include having a relevant undergraduate degree and meeting any specific requirements set by the department offering the program.
2. Research Available Programs:
Explore the list of postgraduate programs offered by UDUSOK and select the one that aligns with your academic and career goals.
3. Obtain Application Form:
Visit the official website of UDUSOK to obtain the postgraduate admission application form. The form is usually available for download from the “Admissions” or “Postgraduate Studies” section of the university’s website.
4. Fill in the Application Form:
Complete the application form with accurate and up-to-date information. Make sure to provide all required details, including your academic history and personal information.
5. Gather Required Documents:
Collect all the necessary documents needed for the application, which typically include academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, CV/resume, and any other specific documents required by the program.
6. Pay Application Fee:
Process the application fee payment as specified by the university. The payment can usually be made through the designated bank or online payment platforms.
7. Submit Application:
Submit your completed application form and all required documents to the designated office or email address provided by the university. Ensure that you adhere to the application deadline.
8. Wait for Admission Decision:
The university’s admission committee will review your application and supporting documents. Once the evaluation process is complete, you will receive an admission decision through email or by checking your application status on the university’s website.
9. Acceptance and Registration:
If you are offered admission, follow the instructions provided by UDUSOK to accept the offer and complete the registration process. This may involve paying an acceptance fee and registering for your postgraduate courses.
It’s essential to keep track of the application deadlines and any updates from the university regarding the admission process.
UDUSOK postgraduate school fees
The school fees vary depending on the program and the nationality of the student. For example, a local student pursuing a Master of Science in Agricultural Economics would pay ₦104,000.00 as a fresh student and ₦100,000.00 as a returning student
A foreign student pursuing the same program would pay ₦124,000.00 as a fresh student and ₦120,000.00 as a returning student.
We hope that this helps you in your graduate studies. Please share this post with others and leave any comments or questions in the space below.