Postgraduate education is an important aspect of academic and professional development for many people who aspire to advance their knowledge and skills in various fields of study. Postgraduate courses are designed to provide specialized training and research opportunities for graduates of undergraduate programmes. They can also enhance the career prospects and employability of the participants.
One of the Nigerian universities that offer postgraduate courses is the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE). FUOYE was established in 2011 as one of the nine federal universities created by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan. FUOYE has two campuses, one in Oye-Ekiti and the other in Ikole-Ekiti, and it comprises ten faculties and a school of postgraduate studies.
The postgraduate courses offered by FUOYE cover a wide range of disciplines and fields, such as Agriculture, Arts, Law, Management Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering, Education, Pharmacy, Medical Sciences and Sciences. The postgraduate programmes include Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Masters (Academic and Professional) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees. The admission requirements and duration of the programmes vary depending on the faculty and department.
Table of Contents
Post graduate Courses offered in Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State 2023
The Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) offers a variety of postgraduate courses across five faculties: Agriculture, Arts, Engineering, Science, and Social Sciences. Some of the postgraduate courses offered are:
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Animal Production and Health
- Crop Science and Horticulture
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Food Science and Technology
- Soil Science and Land Management
- Water Resources and Agro-Meteorology
- English Language
- Theatre and Media Arts
- Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Material and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Computer Science
How can I apply for admission to FUOYE?
To apply for admission to FUOYE, you need to follow the application procedure. Here are the main steps you need to take:
- Go to postgraduate.fuoye.edu.ng and click on “apply now” to start a new application or click on “login” to continue an application after payment.
- Use your Application Number as username and SURNAME as password. Click OK button on the dialog box displayed and enter your names.
- After Login, click on “Continue Registration” link on the main menu. Fill in your personal data and academic qualifications. Upload your passport photograph and other documents required.
- After completing the online application form, print out the application form and the referee report form. Three referees are required, two of whom must be authorities in the candidate’s area of study.
- Pay the application fee of N20,000.00 through Remita platform at any bank. You can also pay online using debit card or internet banking. Ensure that you use your Application Number as the Reference Number to fill the appropriate field on the Remita platform.
- After payment, go back to the online application platform, confirm your payment and complete the online application form.
- Print out the completed application form and submit it with photocopies of your credentials to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Federal University Oye-Ekiti.
What are the admission requirements for postgraduate courses at FUOYE?
The admission requirements for postgraduate courses at FUOYE depend on the faculty and department you are applying to. However, some general requirements are as follows:
- For Master’s degree programmes, you must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in your Bachelor’s degree programme.
- For PhD degree programmes, you must have a minimum of 60% score in your Master’s degree programme.
- You must possess at least five (5) Credits in your O’level result, including English Language and Mathematics.
- You must pass the Postgraduate School entrance examination and/or interview.
What is the duration of postgraduate programmes at FUOYE?
The duration of postgraduate programmes at FUOYE varies depending on the type and level of the programme. The duration of the programmes are as follows:
1. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD):
The PGD programme shall be run on full-time basis, and shall normally be for a minimum duration of two semesters (12 months) and a maximum duration of four semesters (24 months).
2. Master’s Degree (Academic and Professional):
The Master’s degree programme shall be run on full-time basis, and shall normally be for a minimum duration of three semesters (18 months) and a maximum duration of six semesters (36 months).
3. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree:
The PhD degree programme shall be run on full-time basis, and shall normally be for a minimum duration of six semesters (36 months) and a maximum duration of ten semesters (60 months).
However, these durations may vary depending on the specific requirements of each faculty and department.
Can I apply for a scholarship to study at FUOYE?
Yes, you can apply for a scholarship to study at FUOYE or any other university in Nigeria or abroad. There are many scholarships available for postgraduate studies in various fields and disciplines. Some of them are fully funded, while others are partially funded.
Some of the scholarships you may be interested in are:
1. The Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program:
This is a fellowship program for highly qualified researchers from Africa and Japan who wish to conduct research in the fields of African Studies, Global Studies, and Cultural Studies at Kyoto University.
2. The University of Lagos African Cluster Centre (ACC) Postdoctoral Fellowship in African Studies:
This is a fellowship program for scholars who have completed their PhD in African and Diaspora Studies and wish to conduct research at the Lagos African Cluster Centre, University of Lagos, Nigeria.
3. The Stellenbosch University Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Residential PhD Scholarships:
These are full-time scholarships for PhD studies in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
4. The Pan African University (PAU) Scholarships:
These are full scholarships (covering tuition and living expenses) for postgraduate studies (Masters and PhD) at the Pan African University, which has five institutes across Africa.
5. The Right Livelihood College (RLC) Workshop Scholarships for Developing Countries:
These are scholarships for PhD students and senior experts from developing countries to participate in a workshop on social justice, environmental sustainability, and human rights in Bonn, Germany.
These are just some examples of the many scholarships you can apply for.
- Post graduate Courses offered in Federal University, Gusau Zamfara
- Post graduate Courses offered in Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Post graduate Courses offered in Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
I hope this article helps you with your postgraduate studies. Do well to leave your comments and questions in the box below and don’t forget to share this article with others.