The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in Kaduna offers postgraduate courses in various fields of study. The NDA’s postgraduate school was established in 2004, and the official opening was performed on 24th September 2005 by His Excellency, President Olusegun Obasanjo (GCFR) Commander -in- Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria. The overarching goal of the Postgraduate School – as embedded in the broader mission of NDA as a military university – is to “raise the capacity for research knowledge, innovation and creativity to nurture first-class mentality” .
The postgraduate school offers courses in various faculties such as Faculty of Art and Social Science, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Engineering, and Faculty of Management Science. The school seeks to promote the twin goals of imparting academic knowledge and practical orientation by providing high-quality training in research at Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Doctoral levels for military personnel and civilians.
If you want to apply to any postgraduate program at NDA, you must purchase and complete the application form, then turn it in to the Postgraduate School within the deadline and according to the instructions in the advertisement. As stated in the advertisement, you must also provide copies of any pertinent credentials. You must also make sure that the Postgraduate School receives your academic transcripts within the allotted time frame.
Table of Contents
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered at NDA Kaduna 2023
Some of the postgraduate courses offered at NDA Kaduna are:
- Master in Public Administration
- Master in International Affairs and Strategic Studies
- Master in Strategy and Security Administration
- Master in Geographic Information System
- Master in Environmental Management
- Master in Conflict, Security & Development
- Master in Development Studies
- Master in Leadership Studies
- Master in Conflict Management and Peace Studies
- Master in Critical Thinking
- Master in Clinical Psychology
- Master in Forensic Accounting
- Master in Taxation and Treasury Management
- Master in Financial Economics
- Master in Health Economics
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in Entrepreneurship and Business Management
- Master in Industrial and Labour Relations
- Master in Human Resource Management
- Master in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- PhD programmes in various fields of study
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Programs at NDA
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) offers postgraduate programmes in various faculties such as Faculty of Art and Social Science, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Engineering, and Faculty of Management Science. The admission requirements for the postgraduate programmes include a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from any recognized university or a Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit obtained from a recognized institution.
How to apply for NDA Kaduna postgraduate programs
To apply for NDA Kaduna postgraduate programmes, you need to follow these steps:
- Purchase and complete the online application form from the NDA website here and submit it to the Postgraduate School within the time and manner specified in the advertisement.
- Submit along with the application form, copies of all relevant credentials as specified in the application form.
- Pay the application fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) through Remita platform.
- Print out the acknowledgement slip and exam card after completing the application.
- Attend the entrance examination at the designated centre on the scheduled date.
Career Opportunities and Benefits of Pursuing Postgraduate Studies at NDA Kaduna
Some of the career opportunities and benefits of pursuing postgraduate studies at NDA Kaduna are:
- You can acquire high quality training in research at Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Doctoral levels for military personnel and civilians.
- You can improve and upgrade your human resources skills needed for planning, implementation and improvement of productivity and performance in the Armed Forces and the society.
- You can specialize in various fields of military science, technology, strategic studies and national development.
- You can enhance your critical thinking, leadership, management, communication and problem-solving abilities.
- You can access world-class facilities and qualified faculty members at the NDA Ribadu campus.
- Post graduate Courses offered in POLAC
- Post graduate Courses offered in FUNAI
- Post graduate Courses offered in MOUAU
Duration for all full time and part time pg programmes offered in NDA
The duration of the postgraduate programmes offered in NDA varies depending on the type and level of the programme. Here are some examples:
- The duration of professional Doctorate degree programmes is 3 years.
- The duration of full-time PhD degree programmes is 2 years.
- The duration of full-time Master’s degree programmes is 18 months.
- The duration of professional Master’s degree programmes is 12 months.
- The duration of Postgraduate Diploma programmes is 12 months.
Share this article with your friends and feel free to leave any comments or inquiries in the box below.