The Nigerian Army University Biu (NAUB) is a public tertiary institution established in 2018 by the federal government of Nigeria. It is located in Biu, Borno State, and is managed by the Nigerian Army. The university aims to be a centre of innovation and technological development for the Nigerian defence sector and the nation at large. It is the first Nigerian Army University and Africa’s First Green University.
Numerous undergraduate and graduate degrees in engineering, science, the arts, social sciences, and military history are available through the institution. For military and civilian people who want to help find solutions to the problems facing the Nigerian Army, the military, and the country, postgraduate degrees are meant to give them advanced knowledge and skills. Candidates from other nations who are competent and meet the entrance standards may also apply for the postgraduate programmes.
The NAUB’s postgraduate programmes are advantageous and pertinent to the present and foreseeable difficulties that Nigeria and the rest of the globe face. They give students the chance to pick up advanced knowledge and abilities in a variety of fields, which are necessary for figuring out answers to challenging issues. Additionally, they encourage faculty and students to work together while pursuing greatness. It is anticipated that those who complete these programmes will become leaders and agents of change in their respective industries.
- Post graduate Courses offered in Air Force Institute of Technology, Kaduna
- Post graduate Courses offered in Nigerian Maritime University Okerenkoko, Delta State
- Post graduate Courses offered in Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
Table of Contents
What are the postgraduate courses offered by NAUB?
NAUB offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the fields of engineering, sciences, arts, social sciences, and military history.
Some of the postgraduate courses offered by NAUB are:
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Economics, Political Science, and International Relations
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Military History
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, and Military History
These classes are instructed by knowledgeable, experienced professors who are authorities in their professions. The goal of the postgraduate programmes is to provide military and civilian employees with advanced knowledge and skills so they can help find answers to the problems facing the Nigerian Army, the military, and the country. Candidates from other nations who are competent and meet the entrance standards may also apply for the postgraduate programmes.
How to apply for postgraduate studies in NAUB?
To apply for postgraduate studies in the Nigerian Army University Biu (NAUB), you can follow these general steps:
1. Check Eligibility:
Review the admission requirements for the specific postgraduate program you wish to apply for. Ensure that you meet the academic qualifications, GPA criteria, and any other eligibility criteria specified by NAUB.
2. Choose a Program:
Select the postgraduate program that aligns with your academic and career goals. NAUB offers various postgraduate courses in different disciplines, so choose the one that suits your interests and aspirations.
3. Obtain Application Form:
Visit NAUB’s official website or contact the university’s admissions office to obtain the application form. You may be able to download the form online or receive it through email or physical mail.
4. Complete the Application Form:
Fill out the application form accurately and provide all the required information, including personal details, educational history, and the desired postgraduate program.
5. Gather Required Documents:
Collect all the necessary documents as specified in the application form or admission guidelines. This may include academic transcripts, certificates, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, proof of English language proficiency (if applicable), and any other supporting documents.
6. Pay Application Fee:
Check if there is an application fee and make the payment as instructed by NAUB. Keep the payment receipt as proof of payment.
7. Submit Application:
Submit your completed application form and all required documents to the designated address or email provided by NAUB. Follow the submission guidelines and ensure that your application is complete and submitted before the deadline.
8. Entrance Examination (if applicable):
If the postgraduate program requires an entrance examination, prepare for and take the test as scheduled by NAUB.
9. Wait for Response:
After submitting your application, wait for the university’s response. NAUB will review your application, and if you meet the requirements, you will receive a formal admission offer.
10. Acceptance and Registration:
If you receive an offer of admission, follow the instructions to accept the offer and complete the registration process as a postgraduate student at NAUB.
What are the admission requirements for postgraduate programmes in NAUB?
the following are the typical admission requirements for postgraduate programs in NAUB:
1. Bachelor’s Degree:
Applicants must possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or higher education institution. The degree should be in a related field to the postgraduate program they wish to pursue.
2. Transcript of Academic Records:
Applicants are typically required to submit official transcripts of their academic records from their previous institution(s) as proof of their academic qualifications.
3. Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA):
NAUB may have a minimum GPA requirement for admission to postgraduate programs. The specific GPA requirement can vary depending on the program and may differ for different academic levels (e.g., Master’s and Ph.D.).
4. Relevant Work Experience (if applicable):
Some postgraduate programs may require applicants to have relevant work experience in the field to demonstrate their practical knowledge and commitment to the subject area.
5. Entrance Examination:
Prospective postgraduate students may need to take an entrance examination, which could include subject-specific tests and general aptitude assessments.
6. Letters of Recommendation:
NAUB may ask applicants to provide letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees who can attest to the candidate’s capabilities and suitability for the program.
7. Statement of Purpose:
Applicants might need to submit a statement of purpose outlining their academic and career goals, research interests, and reasons for choosing the specific postgraduate program.
8. English Language Proficiency:
For non-native English speakers, proof of English language proficiency may be required, usually through standardized tests such as TOEFL or IELTS.
What are the benefits of studying postgraduate courses in NAUB?
Studying postgraduate courses in NAUB can have many benefits for your academic and professional development. Here are some of the benefits that you can gain from pursuing a postgraduate degree in NAUB:
- Specialize in relevant fields to address current and future challenges in Nigeria and the world.
- Learn from qualified and experienced faculty members with expertise in their respective fields.
- Access state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to support your studies and research.
- Develop essential life skills such as time management, research, presentation, and writing skills.
- Network with like-minded students and faculty members, creating valuable connections for the future.
What are the research areas and facilities for postgraduate courses in NAUB?
Research Areas for Postgraduate Courses in NAUB:
- Military History and Strategy
- Cybersecurity and Information Technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Science
- English Language and Literature
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Management Sciences
Facilities for Postgraduate Courses in NAUB:
- Research Laboratories
- Library with extensive academic resources
- Computer Centre
- Language Laboratory
- Workshop and Training Centers
- Auditoriums and Lecture Halls
- Research Grants and Funding Opportunities
How is the quality and reputation of postgraduate education in NAUB?
To assess the current quality and reputation of postgraduate education in NAUB, it’s advisable to consider the following steps:
- Review Accreditation: Check if NAUB’s postgraduate programs are accredited by the relevant higher education authorities in Nigeria.
- Faculty Credentials: Examine the qualifications and research expertise of the faculty members in your intended field of study.
- Research Output: Investigate the research output and publications from NAUB’s faculty and postgraduate students.
- Alumni Success: Research the career outcomes of NAUB’s postgraduate alumni to gauge the impact of their education.
- Industry Collaborations: Explore any partnerships or collaborations NAUB has with industries or other academic institutions.
- Student Feedback: Seek out feedback from current or former postgraduate students about their experiences at NAUB.
- Rankings and Recognition: Look for any rankings or recognitions that NAUB or its postgraduate programs have received.
As NAUB continues to mature as an institution, its reputation and the quality of its postgraduate education may strengthen over time. As a prospective student, it’s essential to carefully evaluate your academic and research needs and consider how NAUB aligns with your goals and aspirations for postgraduate study.
- Post graduate Courses offered in FULOKOJA
- Post graduate Courses offered in UNIZIK
- Post graduate Courses offered in POLAC
What are the career opportunities and prospects for postgraduate graduates from NAUB?
The career opportunities and prospects for postgraduate graduates from NAUB depend on the field of study, the level of degree, and the market demand. Generally speaking, postgraduate graduates have an advantage over undergraduate graduates in terms of knowledge, skills, and qualifications. They can pursue higher positions, better salaries, and more recognition in their respective fields and sectors. They can also contribute to the development of the Nigerian Army, the military, and the nation by applying their expertise and innovation to solve complex problems and create impactful solutions.
Some of the possible career paths for postgraduate graduates from NAUB are:
Postgraduate graduates from engineering disciplines can work as engineers, researchers, consultants, managers, or educators in various industries such as defence, energy, construction, manufacturing, telecommunications, or transportation. They can also start their own businesses or join start-ups that are involved in engineering projects or products.
Postgraduate graduates from science disciplines can work as scientists, researchers, analysts, consultants, managers, or educators in various fields such as biotechnology, environmental science, health science, information technology, or nanotechnology. They can also pursue further studies or join research institutes or organizations that are engaged in scientific research or innovation.
Postgraduate graduates from arts disciplines can work as artists, writers, translators, editors, journalists, curators, or educators in various sectors such as media, publishing, culture, education, or tourism. They can also showcase their creative works or talents through exhibitions, publications, performances, or competitions.
4. Social Sciences:
Postgraduate graduates from social science disciplines can work as social scientists, researchers, analysts, consultants, managers, or educators in various fields such as economics, political science, international relations, sociology, psychology, or criminology. They can also join governmental or non-governmental organizations that are involved in policy-making, development, diplomacy, security, or humanitarian issues.
5. Military History:
Postgraduate graduates from military history discipline can work as historians, researchers, analysts, consultants, managers, or educators in various sectors such as defence, military, education, or culture. They can also write books, articles, or reports on military history or related topics.
These are some examples of career opportunities and prospects for postgraduate graduates from NAUB.
In conclusion, NAUB is a unique and innovative university that offers various postgraduate courses in engineering, sciences, arts, social sciences, and military history. These courses are aimed at enhancing the knowledge and skills of military and civilian personnel who want to contribute to the development of the Nigerian Army, the military, and the nation. The courses are also open to qualified candidates from other countries who meet the admission requirements.
NAUB has a qualified and experienced faculty who are experts in their respective fields. The university also has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment that support teaching and research activities.
You can bookmark this page to receive the most latest updates and don’t forget to share this article with others.