Welcome guides on the treatment of malaria. How to How to treat Malaria is what bothers everybody. Malaria parasite comes from many sources which sometime may be difficult to identify. With this article, you will be able to know how malaria parasite comes about and many ways treat yourself and get rid of malaria.
Frequently asked questions about malaria treatment
What are the possible way s to treat malaria?
How can one Treat malaria in pregnancy?
How can I treat malaria naturally?
How to treat Malaria
Malaria can be a severe, potentially fatal disease (especially when caused by Plasmodium falciparum) and treatment should be initiated as soon as possible.
Patients who have severe malaria or who cannot take oral medications should be given the treatment by continuous intravenous infusion.
Most drugs used in treatment are active against the parasite forms in the blood (the form that causes disease) and include the following:
- Atovaquone-proguanil (Malarone®)
- Artemether-lumefantrine (Coartem®)
- Doxycycline (used in combination with quinine)
- Clindamycin (used in combination with quinine)
- Tetracycline (used in combination with quinine)
- Artesunate (not licensed for use in the United States, but available through CDC)
In addition, primaquine and tafenoquine are active against the dormant parasite liver forms (hypnozoites) and prevent relapses. Primaquine and tafenoquine should not be taken by pregnant women or by people who are deficient in G6PD (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase). Patients should not take primaquine or tafenoquine until a quantitative test has excluded G6PD deficiency.
How to Prevent Malaria
How to cure eczema Fast and Permanently
Prescription Steroid cream for eczema
How you can treat stomach ulcers
What are the causes of stomach Ulcers
How to treat a patient with malaria depends on:
- The type (species) of the infecting parasite
- The area where the infection was acquired and its drug-resistance status
- The clinical status of the patient
- Any accompanying illness or condition
- Drug allergies, or other medications taken by the patient
I Hope at This Juncture, we have been able to guide you on How to treat Malaria. kindly share it with friends.
malaria treatment drugs
malaria treatment guidelines
malaria treatment and prevention
malaria treatment in india
malaria treatment drugs dose
treatment of malaria in pregnancy
malaria treatment pdf
treatment of malaria in children