List of Universities offering Computer Engineering in Nigeria 2023! Nigeria is rapidly becoming a hub for technological innovation, with an increasing demand for skilled computer engineers. Computer Engineering is a specialized field of engineering that involves the design, development, and maintenance of computer systems and networks. As the world continues to advance technologically, there is a growing need for computer engineers who can help drive the development and implementation of cutting-edge technology solutions.
Fortunately, Nigeria has a number of universities that offer computer engineering programs to meet the growing demand for skilled professionals in this field. These universities provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to become successful computer engineers in a rapidly evolving industry. From top-ranked institutions to lesser-known universities, there are many options available for students looking to pursue a career in computer engineering.
Whether you are a high school graduate looking to enroll in a university program or a professional seeking to enhance your skills and knowledge, the computer engineering programs offered by Nigerian universities provide an excellent opportunity to acquire the education and training needed to succeed in this exciting and dynamic field.
- List of Universities offering Software Engineering in Nigeria
- List of Universities offering Production Engineering in Nigeria
- List of Universities offering Gas Engineering in Nigeria 2023
Table of Contents
Top universities for computer engineering in Nigeria 2023
Here is a list of top universities for computer engineering in Nigeria in 2023, based on their reputation, quality of faculty, research output, and industry partnerships:
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Covenant University
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Bells University of Technology
These universities offer world-class computer engineering programs that cover a wide range of topics such as computer architecture, software engineering, artificial intelligence, computer networks, cybersecurity, and more. They also provide state-of-the-art facilities, including computer labs, research centers, and industry partnerships that provide students with hands-on experience and exposure to real-world challenges.
Whether you are a Nigerian student looking to pursue a career in computer engineering or an international student seeking quality education in this field, these universities offer an excellent opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the fast-growing technology industry.
List of universities offering computer engineering in Nigeria 2023
Here is a comprehensive list of universities offering computer engineering in Nigeria in 2023, sorted alphabetically:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi (ATBU)
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adeleke University, Ede
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Baze University, Abuja
- Bells University of Technology, Ota
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University, Ota
- Crawford University, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Igbinedion University, Okada
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST)
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero (KSUSTA)
- Kings University, Ode-Omu
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Malete
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Madonna University, Okija
- McPherson University, Seriki-Sotayo
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH)
- Mountain Top University, Makogi/Oba
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK)
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island (NDU)
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna (NDA)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos (PAU)
- Paul University, Awka
- Plateau State University, Bokkos (PLASU)
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Rhema University, Obeama-Asa
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene
- Rivers State University, Port Harcourt (RSU)
- Salem University, Lokoja
Requirements for studying computer engineering in Nigerian universities 2023
To study computer engineering in Nigerian universities in 2023, you must meet the following requirements:
1. O’ Level Requirements:
You must have at least five credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and any other relevant subject in your O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE or equivalent) examinations.
2. JAMB Requirements:
You must obtain the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) form and choose a university offering computer engineering as your first choice. You must score at least 180 in the UTME and meet the minimum requirements for your chosen institution.
3. Post-UTME Requirements:
After passing the UTME, you must participate in the Post-UTME screening exercise of your chosen university. The screening usually includes a written examination, oral interview, or both.
4. Direct Entry Requirements:
If you have a National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in computer engineering or a related course, you can apply for direct entry admission into a university offering computer engineering. You must also meet the other requirements of your chosen university.
5. Other Requirements:
Some universities may require additional qualifications, such as a minimum number of A’ Level passes, and some may conduct aptitude tests or practical assessments.
It is important to note that the requirements for studying computer engineering in Nigerian universities may vary depending on the institution. Therefore, it is advisable to check the specific admission requirements of your chosen university before applying.
Computer engineering jobs in Nigeria 2023
Computer engineering is a dynamic and fast-growing field in Nigeria, with a wide range of job opportunities for graduates. Here are some of the computer engineering jobs in Nigeria in 2023:
1. Software Engineer:
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing software programs and applications. You will work with programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, and others.
2. Hardware Engineer:
As a hardware engineer, you will be responsible for designing and testing computer hardware components such as processors, motherboards, memory devices, and other computer peripherals.
3. Network Engineer:
As a network engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining computer networks. You will ensure the network is secure, reliable, and efficient.
4. Cybersecurity Analyst:
As a cybersecurity analyst, you will be responsible for protecting computer systems and networks from cyber-attacks. You will monitor computer networks and systems to identify and prevent potential security breaches.
5. Database Administrator:
As a database administrator, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining computer databases. You will ensure the database is secure, reliable, and efficient.
6. IT Consultant:
As an IT consultant, you will be responsible for providing expert advice to organizations on how to use computer systems and technology to meet their business objectives. You will also help organizations improve their existing computer systems and technology.
7. Computer System Analyst:
As a computer system analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing computer systems and procedures to identify ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness. You will also design and implement computer systems that meet the needs of the organization.
8. Computer Hardware Repair Technician:
As a computer hardware repair technician, you will be responsible for repairing and maintaining computer hardware components such as processors, motherboards, memory devices, and other computer peripherals.
These are just a few of the computer engineering jobs available in Nigeria in 2023. The demand for computer engineering professionals is expected to grow in the coming years, so there will be many opportunities for graduates in this field.
How to become a computer engineer in Nigeria
To become a computer engineer in Nigeria, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Obtain a secondary school leaving certificate:
To become a computer engineer, you must have at least five credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and any other relevant subject in your O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE or equivalent) examinations.
2. Obtain a degree in computer engineering:
After obtaining your secondary school leaving certificate, you will need to obtain a degree in computer engineering from a recognized university in Nigeria. You can either apply for direct entry admission if you have a National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in computer engineering or a related course or apply through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) if you are just starting.
3. Gain practical experience:
While studying for your degree in computer engineering, you should try to gain practical experience by participating in internships, hackathons, or other relevant programs. This will give you hands-on experience in the field and help you build your skills.
4. Obtain relevant certifications:
After obtaining your degree in computer engineering, you should obtain relevant certifications in areas such as programming, cybersecurity, or networking. This will help you stand out from other candidates and increase your chances of getting a job.
5. Apply for computer engineering jobs:
After completing your degree and obtaining relevant certifications, you can start applying for computer engineering jobs in Nigeria. You can look for job openings on job search websites or directly contact companies in your field of interest.
Becoming a computer engineer in Nigeria requires hard work, dedication, and continuous learning. By following these steps, you can position yourself for a successful career in this dynamic and fast-growing field.
Benefits of studying computer engineering in Nigeria
Studying computer engineering in Nigeria has many benefits, some of which include:
1. High demand for computer engineering professionals:
There is a high demand for computer engineering professionals in Nigeria, as well as globally. This means that graduates of computer engineering in Nigeria can expect to have many job opportunities after graduation.
2. Lucrative career opportunities:
Computer engineering is a highly lucrative field in Nigeria, with many career opportunities that offer competitive salaries and benefits.
3. Skills development:
Studying computer engineering helps to develop a range of technical and problem-solving skills that are highly sought after in today’s job market. These skills include programming, software development, cybersecurity, networking, and more.
4. Opportunity to be self-employed:
Computer engineering graduates can choose to start their own businesses or work as freelance professionals. This gives them the flexibility to work on their own terms and be their own boss.
5. Access to cutting-edge technology:
Studying computer engineering in Nigeria gives students access to cutting-edge technology and tools, which can help them stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the field.
6. Ability to contribute to the development of the country:
As a computer engineering professional in Nigeria, you can use your skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of the country. For example, you can work on projects that address social issues, develop new technologies that benefit society, or help to create jobs and economic growth.
These are just a few of the benefits of studying computer engineering in Nigeria. Overall, computer engineering is a rewarding and fulfilling field that offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- List of Universities offering Wood Production Engineering in Nigeria
- List of Universities offering Food Engineering in Nigeria
- List of Universities offering Mining Engineering in Nigeria
- List of Universities offering Agricultural and Environmental Engineering in Nigeria
- List of Universities offering Agricultural and Management Engineering in Nigeria
- List of Universities Offering Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering in Nigeria
Future of computer engineering in Nigeria
The future of computer engineering in Nigeria looks promising. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Growing demand for technology:
As the world becomes increasingly digital, the demand for technology is growing rapidly in Nigeria. This means that there will be a growing need for computer engineering professionals to design, develop, and maintain the technology infrastructure that underpins many industries in the country.
2. Advancements in technology:
With advancements in technology such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and the internet of things, computer engineering professionals in Nigeria will be at the forefront of developing and implementing new technologies that will shape the future of various industries.
3. Government investment in technology:
The Nigerian government has recognized the importance of technology in driving economic growth and development. As a result, it is investing in initiatives to promote the growth of the technology industry in the country, which will create more job opportunities for computer engineering professionals.
4. Entrepreneurial opportunities:
Nigeria has a thriving startup ecosystem, and many of these startups are in the technology space. This provides computer engineering professionals with opportunities to work for startups or even start their own businesses, which can be highly rewarding and lucrative.
5. Increased adoption of digital technologies:
There has been an acceleration in the adoption of digital technologies in Nigeria. This presents opportunities for computer engineering professionals to work on projects related to digital transformation, such as developing e-commerce platforms or building online learning systems.
In conclusion, the future of computer engineering in Nigeria looks bright. With the growing demand for technology, advancements in technology, government investment in technology, entrepreneurial opportunities, and increased adoption of digital technologies, there will be many opportunities for computer engineering professionals in the years to come.
In conclusion, computer engineering is a dynamic and constantly evolving field with many opportunities for personal and professional growth in Nigeria. Whether you are just starting out on your journey to becoming a computer engineer, or are already a professional in the field, there are many reasons to be optimistic about the future of computer engineering in Nigeria. As the country continues to embrace digital technologies and invest in the growth of the technology industry, computer engineering professionals will play a crucial role in driving economic growth and development.
Do well to share this article with other and leave your comment and questions in the box below.