Welcome to our article on Yogurt Use for Glowing Skin. Do you know that yogurt can make your skin as fine as what you can ever think of? There so many nutrients in yogurt that make your skin glowing.
Yogurt for Skin | Powerful Nutrients in Yogurt for Glowing Skin | Skin Care Recipes with Yogurt
Yogurt is a delicious vitamin-packed food that is great for breakfast and can also be eaten as a healthy snack. But did you know that yogurt also has great benefits for your skin when applied topically?
Yogurt has been used on skin for beauty benefits since ancient times. In India, using yogurt for skin is still valued as a great way to clear acne and pimples. Even Cleopatra from ancient Egypt was famous for her daily sour milk baths that kept her skin glowing and youthful.
In this article, we are going to explore yogurt’s benefits for skin, the powerful nutrients responsible for these benefits, and easy homemade recipes that use yogurt for healthy, glowing skin.
Nutrients in Yogurt
Yogurt contains many powerful nutrients, but here we will focus on the nutrients responsible for rejuvenating and promoting healthy skin. Here are the top four nutrients that make yogurt so healthy for skin:
Every 100 g of plain yogurt includes 1 mg of zinc, which:
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce red swellings caused by acne or rashes.
- Is a mild astringent, which means it can help tighten tissues.
- Is necessary for cell reproduction and growth of tissues.
- Alleviates acne and pimples.
- Helps regulate oil production in the sebaceous glands, thereby preventing oily skin and frequent acne breakouts.
Lactic acid, one of the key ingredients in yogurt, is used in many skin care products. Reasons why it is great for skin include the facts that it:
- Exfoliates and moisturizes dry skin to make it smooth.
- Helps prevent wrinkles and reduce the appearance of already-existing wrinkles.
Much of the epidermal layer of the skin consists of calcium! Calcium is important for skin because it:
- Contains antioxidants that help prevent and heal dry skin.
- Facilitates skin renewal.
- How to Clear Dark Spots on Your Face
- How to have Clean, Spotless, and Glowing Skin from Home
- How to make Your Face Smooth
- How long does it takes to cure syphilis
- How syphilis affect a pregnant woman and her baby
- How syphilis can be prevented
- How common is syphilis?
- Surgery treatment of stomach cancer
- Stages of stomach cancer
- Different ways of testing for cancer
Yogurt is rich in vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B12, and B5. A serving (one cup) of yogurt contains 20 to 30 percent of the daily recommended value of riboflavin. Here’s a look at what B vitamins do:
- Riboflavin keeps skin glowing and hydrated.
- Riboflavin is necessary for cell growth and regeneration.
- Riboflavin protects skin cells from oxidative damage by free radicals.
- Vitamin B5 is responsible for facilitating the manufacture of healthy fats in cells.
Plain Yogurt for Skin
When buying yogurt to use on your skin, make sure to check that your yogurt is the unsweetened (plain) type. Flavoured yogurts may cause irritations and aggravate any existing pimples or rashes. Buy the yogurt that contains fat and live cultures to see true beautiful results. Yogurt cream and Greek yogurt are options that have a thicker consistency, which is not necessary, but can keep your face mask from getting too runny and making a mess.
Once you have bought a yogurt with live cultures, it’s easy to use it to make your own batch of yogurt.
Skin Care Recipes with Yogurt, Listed by Benefit
1. Lighter, Brighter Skin
Applying yogurt on your face regularly can lessen the visibility of blemishes and moles, make freckles disappear, and lighten suntanned skin. You don’t need a lot of yogurt for a nourishing face mask—one or two teaspoons should do. To add a twist to this mask, add a few drops of lemon or orange juice. These juices are an added bonus because they contain citric acid, which is known for its skin-lightening properties. Make sure you limit yourself to three to five drops of lemon juice—too much citric acid can burn your skin!
2. Smaller Skin Pores
To shrink and tighten large pores on skin, gently spread a teaspoon of plain yogurt on your face. Wait for about 10-15 minutes for the skin to absorb the mask, then rinse the yogurt off with cool water.
Quick Tip: Immediately after removing the face mask, remember to use a moisturizer (if you want to go natural, you can use olive oil). This is because the yogurt mask can leave your skin feeling a bit stiff and tight.
3. Acne-Free Skin
There are many home remedies to get rid of acne—and fast. Yogurt is a key ingredient used in these many remedies, mostly to create nourishing face masks. What makes yogurt so special is that you can reap the skin benefits by either eating it or using direct facial application. Taking yogurt orally works just as efficiently as putting it on your skin. Yogurt is acidic in nature, which helps it destroy the various acne-causing bacteria and germs from within your body.
4. Wrinkle-Free Face
One of the most valued benefits of yogurt for skin is that it has anti-aging properties that help fight off free radicals. Free radicals are dangerous to the skin because they strip oxygen molecules off of skin cells, thereby damaging them. Free radicals also cause fine lines and wrinkles to appear on skin.
Quick Tip: When waiting for the yogurt mask to dry, ensure that you don’t smile, talk, or move your face muscles. You don’t want to stretch your skin as the yogurt is making it taut—doing so may actually form wrinkles on your face!
Learn How to Make a Yogurt Face Mask
What flavour yogurt should you use on your skin?
- Strawberry, for pink fluffy cheeks!
- Mango, with nuts ‘cuz I’m nuts!
- Plain, you dummy!
DIY YOGURT FACE MASKS
- DIY: Homemade Yogurt Face Mask Recipes for Beautiful Skin
Yogurt is packed with nutritional properties which can highly benefit your skin. You can make your own DIY homemade yogurt face mask recipes with ready made kitchen ingredients.
I hope At this Juncture, We have been able to guide you on Yogurt Use for Glowing Skin. This article will Also be of Help to others kindly share it with them using any of the social media below.