We Welcome All WAEC Candidates to WAEC Geography Questions and answers 2020 page. WAEC 2020 Geography question and answer to Objectives and essay, WAEC 2020 Geography questions and answers, WAEC Geography question and answers 2020, 2020 WAEC question on Geography, WAEC Geography question 2020, WAEC Geography ansewers 2020, WAEC Geography Expo 2020, WAEC 2020 Geography Runz, WAEC 2020/2021 Geography question and answer, WAEC Geography essay and objective answers 2020? you are on the right page..
WAEC Geography Questions and Answers 2020/2021 to OBJ/ESSAY, WAEC Geography
The contents in 2020 WAEC Geography question paper is similar to other years own. on the WAEC Geography theory section, Some questions may be specified to be answered by candidates from a particular country.
Note: A WAEC question paper on a particular subject may be entirely cancelled and changed in a region when the West African Examination Council (WAEC) heading that region suspects a leakage of examination papers before the start of the exam.
There are lot of benefits in providing this 2019 geography waec questions and answers and such benefits of regular WAEC geography questions and answers practice includes enhancement in Speed: Regular practice of our WAEC Geography questions and answers makes you faster on the exam day because WAEC sometimes repeats questions word-for-word.
Enhancement in Exposure: Regular practices will help to expose you to your weaknesses and give you a chance to better yourself before the exam.
It Decreases anxiety: Regular and efficient practice improves your confidence before the exam.
This are some of the beautiful benefits of practicing this our WAEC Geography Questions and Answers 2020/2021 to OBJ/ESSAY effectively.
So it’s important you make it a habit to regularly come to this our site to practice our WAEC Geography Questions and Answers 2020/2021 to OBJ/ESSAY. There’s no doubt that this would help you achieve the grades you desire to make A’s on the 2019 WAEC exams.
WAEC Geography Objectives and theory answers 2020
Below are the WAEC Geography past Questions and Answers 2020/2021 to OBJ/ESSAY we have for now. Feel free to use them without abuse.
Waec Geography Answer 2020;
1. Write a geographical account of rail transport under the following headings:
(a) economic importance;
ANS: (b) Problems of rail transportation included:
– slow speed in developing countries;
– derailment due to flooding;
– poor time schedule;
– poor standard coaches;
– competition from other modes of transportation e.g. road and air;
– high cost of construction affected by steep gradient/terrain;
– high cost of spare parts, etc.
(c) The solutions to those problems included:
– wider gauges to increase speed;
– faster engines and coaches;
– proper planning and timing of movement schedules;
– improved management techniques;
– loans from banks;
– internal manufacturing of spare parts, etc.
2. a) Highlight any three main characteristics of each of the following settlement types:
b) State any four factors which are responsible for the growth of urban centres.
3. (a) Name: (i) two major export items from your country;
(ii) two major import items to your country;
(iii) two major trading partners of your country.
(b) Highlight four benefits your country derives from trading with other countries.
(c) Identify three problems encountered by your country in international trade.
4. (a) Highlight any five factors that have accounted for the world’s rapid population growth.
(b) Outline any five problems of rapid population growth.
ANS: (a) The factors that have accounted for the world’s rapid population growth include:
– early marriage;
– advancement in science and technology;
– improved medical care;
– low mortality rate;
– poor family planning.
5. (a) State four reasons for the concentration of manufacturing industries in the capital cities of Tropical African Countries.
(b) Give three reasons for the predominance of consumer oriented industries in Tropical Africa.
(c) Describe three contributions of manufacturing industries to the economic development of Tropical African Countries.
6. Draw an outline map of Nigeria. On the map, mark and name
(a) Two areas of low population density;
(b) Two areas of high population density;
(c) One town in one of the high population density areas shown in a (ii) above.
(d) Highlight any three problems associated with high population density in Nigeria.
(e) Explain the ways of solving any two of the problems of population density highlighted in 6(b) above.
7. (a) Describe any three causes of air pollution.
(b) Outline three major effects of air pollution.
(c) Suggest two ways of controlling air pollution.
Ans: The candidates were expected to describe the following causes of air pollution:
– odour as a result of improper disposal
– emission of smoke from domestic sources
– fumes from exhaust of vehicles and aeroplanes
– industrial waste and fumes
– dust from explosion of bombs and other dangerous weapons
– artificial cloud seeding
– chloroflouro carbon (CFC) from cooling system and sprays
– noise from loud speakers and aeroplanes.
8. (a) Draw an outline map of West Africa.On it locate and name:
(i) one area of dense population;
(ii) one area of sparse population;
(iii) an important town in each area;
(iv) the River Niger.
(b) Explain four factors that have led to the high population in the area shown on your map.
(c) Highlight two problems of sparse population density.
9. Describe the savannah belt of Africa under the following headings:
(b) vegetation characteristics;
SECTION A (OBJ)
Villages develop into urban centres when they ____
A. attract more people
B. produce enough food
C. establish educational institutions
D. grow in commerce and industry.
2. By how many times will a map measuring 12cm by 7cm be enlarged to make its area 336cm2?
B. Three times
C. Four times
D. Five times.
3. Eluviation is the process by which _______
A. Soluble substances are removed from the upper layers of the soil
B. soluble substances are deposited in the upper layers of the soil
C. fine particles are removed from one layer of the soil to another
D. fine particles are deposited in the upper layers of the soil.
4. Transhumance is the seasonal migration of livestock ______
A. from the lowlands to the uplands
B. from the north to the south following the rains
C. in the semiarid steppes
D. in search of water and pasture.
5. Variations in the lengths of day and night over the earth’s surface are due to the _____
A. earth’s inclination to the sun and its revolution
B. earth’s inclination to the sun and its rotation
C. length of the earth’s orbit
D. thickness of the earth’s atmosphere.
6. The progressive widening of joints and cracks in limestone by solutions, initially leads to the formation of ______
A. grikes and clints
B. stalactites and stalagmites
C. caves and caverns
D. cliffs and dry valleys.
7. When condensation occurs in a rising air mass, latent heat is _____
A. absorbed by carbon dioxide
B. lost to the atmosphere
C. stored in the water molecules
D. released as sensible heat.
8. Two cloud types of great vertical extent that produce much rainfall are _____
A. cumulus and stratus
B. cumulus and cumulo-nimbus
C. cumulo-nimbus and nimbostratus
D. strato-cumulus and nimbo-stratus.
9. The cheapest means of transport for long distance travel is by _____
- WAEC Government Questions and Answers
- WAEC Computer Studies Questions and Answers
- WAEC Civic Education Questions and Answers
- WAEC Chemistry Questions and Answers
- WAEC Physics Questions and Answers
- WAEC Marketing Questions and Answers
10. If the distance between two points on a map with scale 1: 50,000 is 35mm, what is the distance between them on the ground?
A. 1.50 km
B. 1.55 km
C. 1.75 km
D. 1.85 km.
11. If a map has a scale of 1: 50,000 and a cocoa plantation is represented on the map by a rectangle 5 cm by 4 cm, what is the area of the plantation?
A. 5 km2
12. On which of the following pairs of dates is the length of day and night equal on the earth’s surface?
A. June 21st and September 21st
B. March 22nd and December 22nd
C. June 21st and December 22nd
D. March 21st and September 23rd.
13. Lakes formed as a result of landslides, screes or avalanches are known as _____
A. man-made lakes
B. barrier lakes
C. caldera lakes
D. rock-hollow lakes.
14. Which of the following is a major environmental problem in heavily industrialized regions?
A. Accelerated erosion
B. Water pollution
C. Frost damage
D. acid rain.
15. The crossing of a boundary between two countries by a migrant is best described as ____
D. international migration.
16. A process whereby a plant community is replaced by another is known as ________
17. The duration of sunshine is measured by the ______
A. aneroid barometer
B. Campbell-Stokes recorder
D. minimum-maximum thermometers.
18. Quartz, feldspar and mica are three principal minerals that can easily be seen in _____
19. The rock with the least carbon content is ______
20. The process by which organic matter is decomposed and synthesized to form part of the soil is known as ______
21. Which of the following groups consists of energy resources?
A. Petroleum, uranium and manganese
B. Coal, bauxite and uranium
C. Water, copper and sun
D. Coal, petroleum and water.
22. A piece of evidence that confirms that the earth is spherical is _______
A. Standard time
B. solar system
C. earth’s orbit
D. moon’s eclipse.
23. A tremendous pressure or temperature change may lead to the formation of ______
24. Which of the following sources of power supply is renewable?
25. Hygrometer is used to measure ______
B. wind direction
C. relative humidity
26. The largest ocean in the world is the _______
A. Atlantic Ocean
B. Indian Ocean
C. Arctic Ocean
D. Pacific Ocean.
27. Rock minerals are said to be crystalline when the atoms forming them are _______
A. found in sedimentary rocks
B. found in crystalline rocks
C. arranged in definite pattern
D. arranged vertically.
28. The difference in time between two longitudes is approximately ______
A. 15 hours
B. 40 minutes
C. 4 hours
D. 4 minutes.
29. A slope is said to be even when the contours are _________
A. equally spaced
C. closely spaced
D. irregularly spaced.
Note: There is nothing like Waec Geography Expo online. WAEC SSCE candidates are to desist from patronizing online fraudsters / vendors who says they can provide such services as they are not real.
HOW TO PASS WAEC GEOGRAPHY EXAMS
Prepare very well for the Data Processing Exams
Preparation is the key to success. Without your preparation towards the forthcoming Geography exams, you can not know the correct answers to the questions presented before you. Read for your exams
Use Geography Recommended textbooks
The West African Examination Council has outlined some recommended text that will be very useful to you in the course of preparing for the exams. the recommended textbooks are there to help you because the pattern of questions set is likely to be the same as that of the recommended texts. Hence the use of the WAEC recommended texts is the key to success
No one owns yourself, you are the owner, try and coordinate yourself during the exams because nothing in the exams hall is new. I tell you, with self-confidence, you will conquer.
2. Pray to God concerning your Geography exams
The Almighty God is your Creator, he cannot hide his face from you if you seek his face. Pray to God for through Him everything is possible in your WAEC Geography day.
3. Go to the exams venue early
Punctuality is another factor that determines success in exams. You have all days to prepare before your WAEC Geography exams commence. Do not claim to be busy while you suppose to be in the exams venue. Go earlier and settle before the exams start.
4. Follow strictly the instruction on the exam paper
Many candidates overlook the instructions given in the exams hall. They think the instructions are not important. this is not good, adhere to the instructions and you will come out the best in your WAEC Geography exams.
5. Use WAEC syllabus
The WAEC syllabus covers everything you need to know before the examination day. To pass WAEC Mining very well you need to make use of the recommended syllabus. Make WAEC 2020 Mining Syllabus your friend and WAEC 2020 will appear very easy.
WAEC 2020/2021 Geography Questions and Answers
How to Practice WAEC Exams Past Questions for Free.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) recently launched a portal called WAEC e-learning to curb the number of failures in the WAEC May/June SSCE by creating a portal that contains the resources for all WAEC approved subjects that will students understand the standards required for success in respective examinations.
WAEC e-learning contains past questions and solutions of all subjects.
WAEC e-learning portal is accessible from http://waeconline.org.ng/e-learning/index.htm.
At this juncture, I hope the steps above are very useful for students who are really in need of the WAEC 2020/2021 Geography Questions and Answers. Please share this guide to your friends
The resources above on WAEC Geography Questions and Answers 2020/2021 to OBJ/ESSAY have been provided by WAEC to assist you understand the required standards expected in Geography final Examination.
At this juncture, Hope the article, WAEC Geography, was very helpful?