Correct WAEC Commerce Questions and Answers 2023/2024 to OBJ/Theory. This is another wonderful opportunity for candidates sitting for the Ongoing WAEC SSCE Commerce to have good grades in their examinations. If you are one of them, you are on the right page where likely 2023 commerce WAEC questions and Answers are provided.
Are you Searching for Commerce Questions and answer for WAEC OBJ & Theory, WAEC Commerce Expo/runs, WAEC 2023 commerce question and answer, 2023 Solutions to WAEC question on commerce, WAEC 2023 Expo, WAEC 2023 Commerce Runz, WAEC commerce 2023, WAEC 2023/2023 commerce question and answer, WAEC 2023 commerce essay and objective 2023 (Paper1 & 2)?
Today, have a collection of WAEC Commerce Questions and Answers 2023/2023 to OBJ/Theory to assist you with your studies for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). Check the latest news on the solutions to Commerce exams questions hereunder.
By using past exam papers as part of your preparation, you can find out what you already know. By the same token you also find out what you do not know well enough or don’t know at all.
What is more, the WAEC past questions for Commerce can also be used as an organizational tool to manage your time better, as you can plan according to each section of the paper.
As a matter of fact, revision is better than memorizing facts and going over notes. You can practise for your Commerce WAEC Exam by answering real questions from this 2023 WAEC commerce objectives and theory questions papers. This will give you a better chance of passing your exams with a very good grade.
- WAEC Physics Questions and Answers
- WAEC Chemistry Questions and Answers
- WAEC Agric Science Questions and Answers
- WAEC Economics Questions and Answers
Table of Contents
WAEC Commerce 2023 Objectives Questions and answers
Below are WAEC Commerce past Questions and Answers 2023/2023 to OBJ thayt may come out
1. Which of the following must be present in an agency by agreement?
- A. intentions
- B. will
- C. consent
- D. authority
ANSWER: A ( intentions )
2. An agreement to sell is distinguishable from sale because in the former, the transfer of goods is
- A. not anticipated
- B. not discussed
- C. deferred
- D. immediate
ANSWER: C ( deferred )
3.Mr Amusa says to Mr Bello ‘i will sell you this hat for N30’. And Mr Bello replied ‘i will pay N29’. The contract is
- A. an offer and acceptance
- B. an implied contract
- C. a complete simple contract
- D. an offer but no acceptance
ANSWER: D ( an offer but no acceptance )
4.Nationalization of an industry means that its ownership becomes that of
- A. government
- B. shareholders
- C. taxpayers
- D. indigenes
ANSWER: A ( government )
5.The comprehensive import supervision scheme was set up by the federal government in order to
- A. reverse Nigeria’s unfavourable balance of trade
- B. promote fair trade between Nigeria and other countries
- C. counteract all fraudulent business deals of Nigeria with other nationals
- D. ensue that import into Nigeria are of the correct quality, value and quantity
ANSWER: D ( ensue that import into Nigeria are of the correct quality, value and quantity )
6. Commerce can be defined as the study of how
- A. man utilizes the resources in his physical environment
- B. man produces, distributes and consumes his goods and services
- C. man buys, sells and distributes goods and services
- D. raw materials are changed into finished goods
ANSWER: C (man buys, sells and distributes goods and services)
7. …… activity turns processed raw materials into consumer and industrial goods is described as
- A. extractive
- B. manufacturing
- C. constructive
- D. processing
ANSWER: B ( manufacturing )
8. The production process that combines two or more raw materials into one end product is
- A. conditioning
- B. blending
- C. merging
- D. synthesis
ANSWER: B (blending)
9. A demonstration of social responsibility by a business is the payment of
- A. taxes to government
- B. dividends to shareholders
- C. interests on loans
- D. premium on insurance
ANSWER: A (dividends to shareholders)
10. A distinguishing characteristics of a limited liability company is that it
- A. is a collection of many sole proprietors
- B. is a multiple partnership
- C. can sue and be sued
- D. has limited resources
ANSWER: C (can sue and be sued)
WAEC Commerce Practice Questions
10. What is an advantage of telephone communication in business?
- A copies of documents may be transmitted
- B messages can be corrected before transmission
- C problems may be discussed
- D visual contact is made.
11. Which methods of transport are most likely to be used to transport oil from Australia to
- A canal and sea
- B pipeline and sea
- C rail and pipeline
- D road and air.
12. What is an advantage of containerisation in sea transport?
- A avoidance of customs duty
- B carriage of one type of product at a time
- C fast turnaround of ships at ports
- D quick unpacking of goods at docks.
13. A washing machine manufacturer wishes to promote a newly-designed product.
Which advertising medium would reach the most consumers?
- A cinema
- B flyers
- C radio
- D television.
14. Which factor plays a part in the increasing volume of air freight that is being transported
- A availability of larger aircraft
- B fluctuating aviation fuel prices
- C increased international terrorism
- D increased tourism.
15. Which airport facility is likely to be the most important to a business exporting goods through an airport?
- A currency exchanges
- B duty free shops
- C lifting gear
- D luggage handling.
16. Warehousing is unlikely to be part of the chain of distribution for
- A canned food.
- B clothes.
- C milk.
- D toys.
17. The diagram shows part of a credit note.
How is the document used?
- A The buyer sends it to the supplier after goods have arrived damaged.
- B The buyer sends it to the supplier’s bank to pay for goods supplied.
- C The supplier sends it to the buyer after goods have been returned damaged.
- D The supplier sends it to the buyer’s bank to cancel over-payments.
18. Which of the following take place when firms producing at different stages in the same industry combine.
- A. Conglomeration
- B. Vertical integration
- C. Horizontal integration
- D. Cartel.
19. What are the fixtures and fittings in a balance sheet?
- A. Liquid capital
- B. Current assets
- C. Fixed assets
- D. Working capital.
20. One of the functions of sea ports is the provision of ______
- A. Ware house of storage of cargo.
- B. Loading and offloading facilities
- C. Control room for relaying radio messages
- D. Berthing and land facilities
Today’s Commerce objectives questions and answers for WAEC SSCE loading…
he latest updates from the West African Examination Council, WAEC are available for candidates at the official portal. Read and follow the guidelines shown below.
Commerce Theory WAEC Questions and Answers PDF
The following are past Questions and Answers :
(a) Differentiate between Industry and commerce
(b) List and explain four activities of those engaged in commercial occupation.
ANS: (b) (i) Banking: Those working as bankers provide facilities for saving, borrowing, investing, and payments for business transactions.
(ii) Advertising: Advertising practitioners inform potential buyers and sellers about the existence, nature, use, price of goods and services through various advertising media.
(iii) Insurance: Insurers provide cover for business risks and compensation in case of loss etc.
Explain five benefits that would be derived and five losses that would be suffered when a Sole trader admits other partners.
ANS: (a) Benefits to a Sole Trader
(i) Better decision making
(ii) Possibility of more profit
(iii) Greater degree of continuity etc.
(b) Losses to Sole Trader
(i) The death of a general partner may collapse the business
(ii) Disagreement among members can affect the smooth running of the business
(iii) Actions of a partner is binding on the firm. Therefore misconduct of an unscrupulous partner may ruin the business.
(a) State five features of partnership business.
(b) Explain five reasons why government participate in business.
Explain the following insurance terms:
(a) proximate cause
(c) utmost good faith
(e) contract of non-indemnity (compensation).
List and explain four documents involved in the formation of a Public Limited Company.
ANS: (a) Declaration:
(i) This is a statement in writing to the registrar of Companies by the promoter.
(ii) It is states that the requirement of the companies have been compiled with
(iii) It is a declaration that adequate capital has been raised etc.
(b) Trading Certificate:
(I) This is document issued by the Registrar of companies
(II) It gives the public company the right to commence the business for
which it was formed, etc.
(a) Explain the following:
(i) counter trade;
(ii) entreport trade;
(iii) import trade;
(iv) invisible trade.
(b) State four burners to International trade.
ANS: (i) Counter Trade: This is a system of International trade where countries instead of paying cash for the goods they purchase from other Countries will pay.
(ii) Entreport Trade: This is a system of trade where goods imported into a country are re-export while the goods are still in the same form as they were received.
(iii) Import Trade: This is a system of trade where goods are brought into a country from another country.
(iv) Invisible Trade: This is a type of International trade involving intangible products such as services or Banking, shipping services colu requires payment of money.
Today’s Commerce essay Questions and Answers for WAEC loading…
- WAEC Geography Questions and Answers
- WAEC Data Processing Questions and Answers
- WAEC Computer studies Questions and Answers
Like i said, that was a complete collection of WAEC Commerce Questions and Answers 2023/2023 to OBJ/ESSAYto assist you with your studies for the 2023 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). By using past exam papers as part of your preparation, you can find out what you already know.
Like I said, revision is more better than memorising facts and going over notes. You can practise for your Commerce WAEC Exam by answering real questions from this 2023 WAEC commerce questions papers. This will give you a better chance of passing your exams with a very good grade.