A very good sheet pan sausage and egg breakfast bake recipe! Do you want to know the sheet pan sausage and egg breakfast bake recipe? The Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake stands as a testament to convenience, flavor, and the joy of a wholesome morning meal. This one-pan wonder effortlessly combines savory sausages, golden eggs, and a medley of vegetables into a delightful breakfast bake that not only satisfies your taste buds but also streamlines your morning routine. Join us on a culinary journey as we explore the steps to create the perfect Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake – a breakfast feast that’s as delicious as it is efficient.
However, the magic of this recipe lies in its versatility and ease of preparation. The key ingredients are sausages and eggs, but the beauty of this dish is that it can be customized according to personal preferences. You can add a variety of vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes, or even throw in some cheese for an extra layer of flavor. The ingredients are baked together on a single sheet pan, making it a fuss-free recipe that doesn’t compromise on taste.
Overall, what sets the Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake apart is its ability to cater to different dietary needs. Whether you’re following a low-carb diet, a high-protein diet, or simply looking for a quick and easy breakfast option, this recipe has got you covered. It’s a testament to the fact that healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. With this recipe, you’re guaranteed a delicious and nutritious start to your day.
Table of Contents
Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake Ingredients
- 8 pork sausages (or sausages of your choice)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
How to Make Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake
- Preheat the Oven:
Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Arrange the Sausages:
Place the sausages on the sheet pan, ensuring they have space between them for even cooking. Drizzle olive oil over the sausages and sprinkle with dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pre-Bake the Sausages:
Bake the sausages in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown. This pre-baking step ensures that the sausages have a head start on cooking.
- Add Vegetables:
Scatter the sliced bell pepper, halved cherry tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onion around the partially cooked sausages. Return the pan to the oven.
- Continue Baking:
Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the sausages are cooked through.
- Create Wells for Eggs:
Using a spoon, create wells among the sausages and vegetables. Crack one egg into each well, ensuring the yolk stays intact.
- Bake the Eggs:
Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the egg whites are set, but the yolks remain slightly runny for a perfect breakfast bake.
- Add Spinach:
In the last 2 minutes of baking, scatter baby spinach leaves over the sheet pan to allow them to wilt gently.
- Garnish and Serve:
Once the eggs are cooked to your liking and the spinach is wilted, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve Warm:
Serve the Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake directly from the pan while it’s warm. Cut between the eggs and sausages for easy serving.
How long does it take to make Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake?
The total time to make a Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake varies slightly depending on the recipe, but it generally takes around 30 to 50 minutes. Here’s a breakdown based on a recipe from Good Housekeeping:
- Roasting sausages and bacon: This takes about 15 minutes.
- Roasting vegetables: After adding mushrooms, tomatoes, and garlic to the baking sheet, they are roasted for an additional 10 minutes.
- Baking the eggs: Finally, you make wells among the vegetables and crack an egg into each space. This is then roasted for another 8 to 10 minutes.
So, the total time is approximately 33 to 35 minutes of baking, plus some additional time for preparation and serving. Please note that cooking times can vary based on your oven and the size of your ingredients.
- Lemon-Almond Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Roasted Potato and Chorizo Hash Recipe
- PB Chocolate Sheet Pan Pancake Recipe
- French Toast Recipe
Should I cook sausage or eggs first?
In the Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake recipe, you should cook the sausage first. Here’s the general process:
- Roast the sausages: On a large rimmed baking sheet, roast the sausages first. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Add vegetables: After the sausages are mostly cooked through, you can add your vegetables to the sheet pan and continue roasting.
- Add the eggs: Once the sausages and vegetables are mostly cooked, make spaces on the pan and crack the eggs into these spaces. Then, return the pan to the oven and let the eggs cook.
This method ensures that all the ingredients are perfectly cooked. The sausages and vegetables get a nice roast, and the eggs stay tender and creamy.
If you found this article helpful, we invite you to share it with fellow friends and family and leave a comment to share your thoughts.