The internship program in California offers comprehensive professional development for outstanding candidates in US and all over the world. An internship gives you an invaluable, real-life work experience while studying or after graduation no matter your are of study, it’s likely you can find an internship opportunity in California.
You may be asking: Do interns get paid in California? Can you intern for free in California? Which program is best for internship? How do I find an internship program?
Not only will you gain hands-on experience in any industry but an internship can help lead to a full_time job employment. With California’s diverse economy and range of industries, you can find an internship that matches your interest,few to consider are:
TECHNOLOGY: Several of the top technology companies in the world are located in California, many of them in silicon valley near San Francisco.
ENTERTAINMENT: The film industry is centered in Los Angeles.
AGRICULTURE: The state is the nation’s largest producer of dairy products and the world’s fifth largest supplier of food and agricultural product.
OTHER AREAS: Education, government, health, manufacturing professional and technical services, real estate, trade, transportation and utilities sectors are all flourishing.
Do interns get paid in California?
Some interns in California are paid while some are unpaid. Unpaid internship can seem like a great deal, the employer gets free labor and the intern gets experience and contact to build a resume. However, federal labor laws,as well as state labor laws in California and many other states require that workers, including interns working for academic credit, must be paid at least minimum wage except in very limited circumstances.
What are the circumstances that requires unpaid internship?
Interns must be paid unless the internship satisfies the federal department of labor’s (DOL) six factors test, which has been adopted in California. The six factors includes:
- The internship is similar to training that would be given in an educational environment.
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern.
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern and on occasion it’s operation may actually be impeded.
- The employer and the intern understands that the intern is not entitled to wages or the time spent in internship.
- The intern does not displace regular employee but works under close supervision of the existing staff.
- The intern is not necessarily entitle to a job at the conclusion of the internship.
What are the risk of not paying interns?
If a company fails to pay an intern when the law requires it, the company can later be required to pay back wages equal to ,no less than minimum wage, overtime, potential penalties and more. A free internship could instead turn out to be a very costly problem for the company.
A company may also exposed itself to risk outside of wage claims. For example a company may not complete a US citizenship and immigration services form 1_9 for an unpaid intern,if the intern is later deemed an employee,then his or her legal right to work will be come relevant.
Can interns work for free in California?
In California, unpaid internships are legal as long as the employer follows specific rules and requirements. Here, the intern must be the beneficiary and not the employer, the law recognizes the need for students to gain valuable work experience in their chosen field before they graduate, thus, the law allows students to “buy” this experience with labor.
List of internship program Jobs in California 2023
1) summer 2023 business operations in California/co_op, spaceX Harwthorne,CA:
• Basic qualifications:
Must be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree program or within 6 month after graduation by the state of employment.
3+ months experience in corporate and business functions ( data analysis,finance, human resources, IT, government affairs, legal and supply chain management is applicable).
• preferred skills and experience :
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Strong interpersonal skills ( working successfully in a team )
- Strong analytical and problem_solving skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirement.
- Ability to work independently in a team
2) financial Analyst internship; Beyond International Group.Irvine,CA:
• Job responsibilities:
Perform market research in relationship to macro economy and market insight in relation to US commercial real estate private equity investment, investment immigration,life insurance etc.
Assist in project financial modelling
Assist in the initial quantitative analysis in connection with the potential investment opportunities of the company.
Providing sales support by providing marketing research content.
- Highly motivated and excellent skills in self research.
- College/master’s degree in economics,finance, business, accounting, statistics,maths or related field .
- Proficiency in Microsoft office,Excel PowerPoint.
- Willing to work under multi_task
3) 2023 summer internship_software engineer(SF); Major league Baseball, San Francisco:
Job function: Engineering and information technology
- Working towards a computer science related degree.
- Self_ learner, independent and problem solving skills.
4) Software engineer internship,Fleet Health (fall 2023) Tesla.Fremont,CA:
This position is expected to start around August or September 2023 and continue through the entire fall term ( ie through December/ January) or into early spring 2023 if available.
This internship program is for a minimum of 12 weeks,full_time.
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, engineering,or relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability with SQL and comprehension of complex relational database schemas
- Experience with Fronted languages libraries and JS frame works.
5) Finance_ Accounting internship, Tesla.Fremont,CA:
Job function: Accounting/Auditing and finance
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering and other technical degree.
- An analytical skill set
- Excellent modelling skills example Microsoft office Excel, Microsoft powerQuery etc.
The Tesla finance team is small and dynamic comprised of several subgroups under accounting and finance operations. Interns will be assigned to one of the following teams based on prior experience,interest and educational background:
- Internet Audit
- Manufacturing accounting
- Finance operation
- Lease administration
- Finance analysis
6) Ev infrastructure data scientist internship, Tesla_palo Alto,CA:
Job function: Engineering and information technology
- Background in statistical learning with experience in using both supervise and unsupervised models
- Experience with experiment design and casual inference methods
- Experience with geospatial datasets
- Experience with spark,Hadoop and streaming data
- Experience working with a global team
- Bachelor’s degree, masters or PhD in a quantitative field example maths, economics, statistics, computer science, operations research, engineering.
- Strong programming skills with a solid foundation in data structures and algorithm.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
7) California state university internship program.
8) University of California center Sacramento (UCCS) program.
The internship program recruiting team in California is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent.
The program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager,mentor and team.
The internship program will provide the intern with experience that allows for exploration and learning of important things in respect to their Field of study.