Welcome to our article on How to Make a Kiwi Face Mask at Home: Do you know how to do this? I’m all up for natural beauty masks, and more often than not, I’ll treat myself to a lovely homemade face mask made with fresh ingredients. I always feel like I’m doing my skin a ton of good when I choose to do a natural face mask, over chemical cleansers and face washes. So days ago, I made a kiwi face mask, and I’m going to take you through the ultimate steps.
This kiwi face mask nourishes, gently exfoliates and moisturizes skin, making it soft and supple. You can use this face mask every other day if you have oily acne-prone skin. For dry skin, use it once a week because this kiwi face mask is a great exfoliant and you don’t want to over-exfoliate your skin.
What makes Kiwi beneficial for skin?
Kiwi is an antioxidant laden fruit that provides numerous benefits to skinYou can use a kiwi face mask for all skin types! It is rich in vitamin C and E, which are both powerful antioxidants that nourish, moisturize, smoothen, brighten and exfoliate skin. Kiwi also contains a hefty serving of dietary fiber which is essential for proper bowel movement, hence keeping your skin acne-free. Let’s look at the nutrients in kiwi that are great for skin:
|Nutrient in Kiwi||Benefit for Skin|
|Alpha hydroxy acids||Powerful nutrient for skin.Used for treating acne, lightening acne scars. Alpha hydroxyl acids also improve the appearence of aging skin.|
|Vitamin A||For skin repair and maintenance. Protects the skin from UV damage. Vitamin A is proven to mimimize age spots and smoothen out rough dry skin.|
|Vitamin C||Combats free radicals that steal oxygen from healthy skin cells, thereby causing wrinkles and skin sagging. Evens out skin discolorations and brown spots.|
|Vitamin E||A natural sunscreen, vitamin E protects skin from UV damage and also waters and moisturizes dry withered skin into supple soft skin.|
|Vitamin K||Proven to lighten under eye circles.|
How to make a kiwi face mask
Let’s make this super simple exfoliating kiwi face mask, that will leave your face feeling fresh, hydrated and soft! Only 2 extra ingredients are required – yogurt and olive oil. Let’s take a look at the benefits of these ingredients in this face mask:
Ingredients used in this face mask
|Ingredient||Benefit in face mask|
|Plain yogurt||This superfood contains lactic acid a powerful nutrient that smoothens out rough skin, moisturizes skin and nourishes dry withered skin. The zinc found in yogurt is beneficial in that it soothes inflammations caused by acne, thereby making them less visible. Applying yogurt on skin regularly also noticably diminishes dark spots and acne scars and brightens skin complexion.|
|Olive Oil||Rich in vitamin E and healthy fats, olive oil is an excellent exfoliant and moisturizer. Olive oil also protects skin from harmful UV rays and cancer.|
What you need
- 1 pureed kiwi
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Collect the ingredients you need to make this kiwi face mask from your kitchen. Remember to use extra virgin organic olive oil and plain unsweetened yogurt. Use of refined olive oil and falvored yogurt can irritate your skin. Puree 1 kiwi in a food processor before use. Let the refridgerated yogurt warm up first before you can apply it on your face.
- How to Clear Dark Spots on Your Face
- How to have Clean, Spotless, and Glowing Skin from Home
- How to make Your Face Smooth
- How long does it takes to cure syphilis
- How syphilis affect a pregnant woman and her baby
- How syphilis can be prevented
- How common is syphilis?
- Surgery treatment of stomach cancer
- Stages of stomach cancer
- Different ways of testing for cancer
2. In a small mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and stir well with a spoon.
3. Your final mixture should look like this! Not too drippy and not too thick. Don’t add any more yogurt or olive oil because this will make the face mask drippy.
1. First check if you might be allergic to any ingredient in this kiwi face mask by rubbing a small portion of the mixture onto your inner elbow, which has sensitive skin.
2. Before applying the kiwi face mask, gather your hair into a ponytail behind your head. Put on a hair band to keep the bangs away. Remove any makeup on your face. Steam your face or have a quick splash with warm water to open up your pores and pat dry with a towel. Use clean finger tips to slather a thick coat of the face mask onto your face in a circular motion.
3. Wear an old t-shirt or an apron over your clothes so that the mask doesn’t drip onto your clothes.
4. Wait for fifteen to thirty minutes as the face mask settles and sinks into your pores. You can use this time to soak in a bubble bath or read a chapter of a book. When the time is up, gently scrub off the dried up mask with your fingertips. Splash your face with cold water after rinsing to close up your pores. Pat dry with a clean towel.
5.You can store excess mixture in the refridgerator for up to a week. If it starts smelling funky though, its time to hit the trash.
I hope At this Juncture, We have been able to guide you on how to make a Kiwi Face Mask at Home. This article will Also be of Help to others kindly share it with them using any of the social media below.