Granola has long been hailed as a breakfast staple, loved for its crunchy texture, hearty ingredients, and endless versatility. Whether enjoyed with yogurt, milk, or simply by the handful, homemade granola offers a satisfying and nutritious start to the day. In this article, we’ll uncover the secrets to creating the Best-Ever Granola, a delightful blend of oats, nuts, seeds, and sweeteners that will have you reaching for seconds every time.
However, after meticulous taste-testing, one granola emerged victorious. It’s crispy, salty, and packed with flavor a symphony of oats, nuts, and seeds. The yogurt? Mere accompaniment. Serious Eats’ buttermilk-soaked oats delivered a delightful crunch. Alton Brown’s classic approach proved timeless. Cookie and Kate’s mix-and-match style garnered praise from thousands. And Early Bird Foods’ olive oil-infused creation? A coworker favorite. But the winner? A granola that defies restraint one bite is never enough. So, whether you sprinkle it atop yogurt or savor it straight from the jar, this best-ever granola promises breakfast euphori.
Overall, In the realm of granola, where oats meet imagination, this recipe stands tall. It’s not just about crunch; it’s about transformation. So gather your pantry staples, preheat the oven, and embark on a flavor-filled journey. The best-ever granola awaits, ready to elevate your mornings and make your kitchen sing.
Table of Contents
Best-Ever Granola Ingredients
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts (such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts), chopped
- 1/2 cup seeds (such as pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional add-ins: dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or chopped apricots), chocolate chips, or spices (such as nutmeg or ginger)
How to Make Best-Ever Granola
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped nuts, seeds, and shredded coconut. Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, warm the honey or maple syrup, coconut oil or olive oil, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and salt over low heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently toss until the oats and nuts are evenly coated with the honey-oil mixture.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet, pressing it down slightly with the back of a spoon or spatula to create clusters.
- Bake the granola in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until it is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely on the baking sheet. As it cools, it will become crispier and develop that irresistible crunch.
- Once the granola is completely cooled, stir in any optional add-ins such as dried fruit, chocolate chips, or additional spices.
- Transfer the cooled granola to an airtight container or resealable bag for storage. It will keep for up to two weeks at room temperature, or you can store it in the refrigerator for longer freshness.