Free NECO Chemistry Questions and Answers 2020 OBJ/Essay. All Candidates have an opportunity to access the latest updates on the Chemistry NECO Examination. There is no time to waste, if you need the Solutions to NECO Chemistry Questions, kindly read and follow the instructions given.
It is also good to note that we have only Past Questions on Chemistry to help candidates do we in the examination.
NECO Chemistry Objectives Questions an Answers
The National Examinations Council is Responsible for the Setting and marking of NECO Examination and has informed members of the general public to follow the exams instruction. We are here to tell you that Questions are Chemistry past questions and answers.
SEE ALSO, NECO GCE Mathematics Answers
The Chemistry Objectives need to be read carefully before providing answers.
The Following Are Sample Neco Objective Questions. They are likely questions for Neco 2020.
1. Which of the following statements is NOT correct?
- A. The average kinetic energy of a gas is directly proportional to its temperature
- B. At constant tempearture, the volume of a gas increases as the pressure increases
- C. The pressure of a gas is inversely proportional to its volume
- D. The temperature of a gas is directly proportional to its volume
- E. The collisions of molecules with each other are inelastic
2. An example of an alcohol is
- A. CCl4
- B. CH3COOH
- C. CHCl3
- D. C2H6
- E. CH3OH
3. Zinc Oxide is a
- A. Basic Oxide
- B. Acidic Oxide
- C. Amphoteric Oxide
- D. Neutral Oxide
- E. Reactive Oxide
4. The nucleus of an atom contains
- A. protons only
- B. neurons only
- C. protons and electrons
- D. neutrons and electrons
- E. protons and neutrons
5. The normal boiling point of a liquid is defined as
- A. the temperature at which its vapour pressure equals the atmospheric pressure
- B. the temperature at which bubbles begin to form
- C. the temperature at which the vapour pressure equals 1 temperature
- D. the temperature at which the rate of condensation of vapour equals the rate of vaporisation of the liquid
- E. the temperature at which the space above the liquid is saturated
6. The periodic classification of elements is an arrangement of the elements in order of their
- A. Atomic Weights
- B. Isotopic Weights
- C. Molecular Weights
- D. Atomic Numbers
- E. Atomic Masses
7. A small quantity of solid ammonium chloride (NH4Cl) was heated gently in a test tube, the solid gradually disappears to produce two gases. Later, a white cloudy deposit was observed on the cooler part of the test tube. The ammonium chloride is said to have undergone
- A. distillation
- B. sublimation
- C. precipitation
- D. evaporation
- E. decomposition
8. Elements P, Q, R, S have 6, 11, 15, 17 electrons respectively, therefore,
- A. P will form an electrovalent bond with R
- B. Q will form a covalent bond with S
- C. R will form an electrovalent bond with S
- D. Q will form an electrovalent bond with S
- E. Q will form a covalent bond with R
9. When air which contains the gases Oxygen, nitrogen, carbondioxide, water vapour and the rare gases, is passed through alkaline pyrogallol and then over quicklime, the only gases left are;
- A. nitrogen and carbondioxide
- B. the rare gases
- C. nitrogen and oxygen
- D. nitrogen and the rare gases
- E. nitrogen, carbondioxide and the rare gases
10. When heat is absorbed during a chemical reaction, the reaction is said to be
- A. thermodynamic
- B. exothermic
- C. isothermal
- D. endothermic
- E. thermostatic
11. During the electrolysis of copper II sulphate between platinum electrodes, if litmus solution is added to the anode compartment,
- A. the litmus turns blue but no gas is evolved
- B. the litmus turns blue and oxygen is evolved
- C. the litmus turns blue and hydrogen is evolved
- D. the litmus turns red and oxygen is evolved
- E. the litmus turns red and then becomes colourless
NECO Chemistry Essay Answers with Questions 2020
The following are Sample theory Questions that may be asked
- What is transition element
- Why does iron exhibit variable oxidation state and paramagnetism
- State the differences between conductors and electrolytes
- What is saponification
- Differentiate between efflorescence, deliquescence and hygroscopy
- What is fermentation, write the equation for fermentation of glucose
- Define hybridization and explain how it is formed
- What is solubility
- What are the different electrolytic cells
- What is Acid, base and salt?
How to Answer NECO Chemistry Questions
Candidates Looking for NECO Chemistry Answers are advised to adhere to the following
Preparation is the key to Success, anybody looking for any other way to pass Chemistry apart from good preparation is looking for a way to fail. seat tight and study your books and pass can never be a problem to you.
Pray is the key is the master key, never rely solely on your own effort, God is there to help you. Your prayer to the Almighty God will open the door of Success in your Exams. Believe in God your creator and all your problems is over.
Time management is very important as long as NECO Chemistry is concerned. Make sure you don’t waste time when attempting any question. Answer Questions You Know better before proceeding to try others. Be mindful of the time given and the number of questions you are to answer before the time elapses.
Adhere to instructions
Any candidate they refuse to adhere to the Examination Instructions is planning to fail. The instructions there are for you not for the invigilators. Adherence to instructions gives you a better chance of passing NECO Chemistry 2020.
I believe there is no issue concerning the page, kindly leave your comment on the comment box below.