JAMB Recommended Textbooks For Literature in English 2020/2021 and the best Books to read for JAMB 2020 is right here. Carefully follow the page and your problem concerning JAMB 2020 Recommended textbooks is over.
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Literature
JAMB Recommended Textbooks For Literature in English 2020/2021 – On this page, you will find the Best books to read for Literature in English as well as other subjects. It will guide you properly on the List of Recommended Books to read for JAMB 2020. See below for more.
This page is for all JAMB 2020 candidates who are searching online for the Best Recommended Textbooks for Literature in English. Due to the series of questions we have received from JAMB candidates, that is why we have decided to put forward this legit information, given everyone the list of Books to read for JAMB 2020/2021 .
See How to Pass JAMB At one Sitting
All books to be used for this year’s JAMB Literature in English, including Novels for English and literature, come from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board. they are being given in order to assist every applicant to be able to read, prepare for JAMB and Pass at one sitting.
These Recommended Books are so necessary to all, as it will let you know which textbook the questions may likely come from. You are to use it along with your JAMB Syllabus in order to be properly guided.
Therefore, you are required to be with your pen and paper to copy these lists for Texts given below or bookmark this page and subscribe to this blog with your email address only so can be checking and receiving more details about JAMB 2019/2020.
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Literature in English 2020
Like I said before, the only thing that will help you to pass Literature in English successfully is if you have these Recommended Textbooks from JAMB.
It will Be of Great help to you if you study them and make sure you solve and answer all the questions that are involved in it. I tell you, nothing will make you fail this year’s JAMB. See the best books for Literature in English below…
- i. Frank Ogodo Ogbeche : Harvest of CorruptionNon African:
- i. William Shakespeare : Othello
- i. Amma Darko : Faceless
- ii. Bayo Adebowale : Lonely DaysNon-African:
- i. Richard Wright : Native Son
- i. Birago Diop : Vanity
- ii. Gbemisola Adeoti : Ambush
- iii. Gabriel Okara : Piano and Drums
- iv. Gbanabam Hallowell : The Dining Table
- v. Lenrie Peter : The Panic of Growing Older
- vi. Kofi Awoonor : The Anvil and the HammerNon African:
- i. Alfred Tennyson : Crossing the Bar
- ii. George Herbert : The Pulley
- iii. William Blake : The School Boy
- iv. William Morris : The Proud King
- Gbemisola, A. (2005)Naked Soles, Ibadan: Kraft
- Hayward, J. (ed.) (1968) The Penguin Book of English Verse, London: Penguin
- Johnson, R. et al (eds.) (1996) New Poetry from Africa, Ibadan: UP Plc
- Kermode, F. et al (1964) Oxford Anthology of English Literature, Vol. II, London: OUP
- Nwoga D. (ed.) (1967) West African Verse, London: Longman
- Senanu, K. E. and Vincent, T. (eds.) (1993) A Selection of African Poetry, Lagos: Longman
- Soyinka, W. (ed.) (1987) Poems of Black Africa, Ibadan: Heinemann
- CRITICAL TEXTS
- Abrams, M. H. (1981) A Glossary of Literary Terms, (4th Edition) New York, Holt Rinehalt and Winston
- Emeaba, O. E. (1982) A Dictionary of Literature, Aba: Inteks Press
- Murphy, M. J. (1972) Understanding Unseen, An Introduction to English Poetry and English Novel for Overseas Students, George Allen and Unwin Ltd.
The above are the books you should try and visit in order to study for Literature in English.
We hope this guide was helpful. If yes, then share it with your friends and comment below if you have any question.